Old 08-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Joker-jar

Default Pacman, adding comments to the packages

Hello, I propose to add the ability to add comments to the packages in
pacman. For example, sometimes you need to install packages as a optional
or makedepend. I always do it with --as-deps key. Later, when you run
"pacman -Qdt" to see and cleanup orphan packages you can't distinguish
really orphan packages and packages installed via the reasons,
describedabove. In
this case comments to the packages could be very useful. Sorry fo my
english

Old 08-16-2012, 02:30 PM
Karol Blazewicz

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Joker-jar <jokerjar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I propose to add the ability to add comments to the packages in
> pacman. For example, sometimes you need to install packages as a optional
> or makedepend. I always do it with --as-deps key. Later, when you run
> "pacman -Qdt" to see and cleanup orphan packages you can't distinguish
> really orphan packages and packages installed via the reasons,
> describedabove. In
> this case comments to the packages could be very useful. Sorry fo my
> english

You should open a task in the bugtracker if there's no such request already.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Chris Sakalis

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Karol Blazewicz
<karol.blazewicz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Joker-jar <jokerjar@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello, I propose to add the ability to add comments to the packages in
>> pacman. For example, sometimes you need to install packages as a optional
>> or makedepend. I always do it with --as-deps key. Later, when you run
>> "pacman -Qdt" to see and cleanup orphan packages you can't distinguish
>> really orphan packages and packages installed via the reasons,
>> describedabove. In
>> this case comments to the packages could be very useful. Sorry fo my
>> english
>
> You should open a task in the bugtracker if there's no such request already.

Hello,
just a suggestion. Wouldn't tracking which packages where installed as
optional dependencies be better? There could be a --as-optdeps option
for example.

--Chris Sakalis

Old 08-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Denis A. Altoé Falqueto

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Chris Sakalis <chrissakalis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Karol Blazewicz
> <karol.blazewicz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Joker-jar <jokerjar@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello, I propose to add the ability to add comments to the packages in
>>> pacman. For example, sometimes you need to install packages as a optional
>>> or makedepend. I always do it with --as-deps key. Later, when you run
>>> "pacman -Qdt" to see and cleanup orphan packages you can't distinguish
>>> really orphan packages and packages installed via the reasons,
>>> describedabove. In
>>> this case comments to the packages could be very useful. Sorry fo my
>>> english
>>
>> You should open a task in the bugtracker if there's no such request already.
>
> Hello,
> just a suggestion. Wouldn't tracking which packages where installed as
> optional dependencies be better? There could be a --as-optdeps option
> for example.

Hi!

That subject will be better handled in a feature request and a
possible discussion on pacman-dev mailing list. I believe there is
something about enhancing the suport for optiona dependencies and
maybe some patches about that. But they didn't go much further. You
should search pacman-dev archives and the bug tracker, of course.

--
A: Because it obfuscates the reading.
Q: Why is top posting so bad?

Denis A. Altoe Falqueto