login fails after update
On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 6:18 AM, Tom Gundersen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I agree. We are currently in the final stages of testing a new iso. I'm
> also advocating we drop the core instal as it is causing too many problems
> in case it is outdated.
what if we only built net-install images, and "core" images were
simply the netinstall image + appended partition/image containing the
repo snapshots (or is this how it's done already)?
... then we can simply append the repos to pacman's CacheDir list:
CacheDir = /var/cache/pacman/pkg/
CacheDir = /vmm/org-archlinux-mirror-1/pool/packages/
CacheDir = /vmm/org-archlinux-mirror-1/pool/community/
this has several advantages:
- pull updated packages (net available)
- use cached packages only (net unavailable)
- zero-copy (vs. spinning up a localhost server, etc).
- properly cache incoming packages (one CacheDir is r/w)
- `/vmm/*` (or whatever) is just a simple squashfs mount
my local server/mirror does exactly this -- the above is a verbatim
excerpt. in my setup, the cache dirs are read-only --bind mounted into
numerous virtual machines.
working well for ~18 months, if not longer.