Old 07-09-2012, 02:36 AM
"David C. Rankin"

Default rpcgen - cannot find any C preprocessor?

All,

I have a new build error with tdebase (kdebase) in trinity that I think is the
result of a hardwired path somewhere and some recent gcc change. The error I get is:

[ 49%] Built target libkmanpart-module
[ 49%] Generating nfs_prot_xdr.c
cannot find any C preprocessor (cpp)
rpcgen: C preprocessor failed with exit code 1

?? It has always built without issue.

Looking, I find https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1126084#p1126084
which references a hardcoded path problem in hamlib that was fixed by providing
specific path information to rpcgen.

My question is, has there been some change to gcc that would be expected to
cause this type error? I ask to confirm this before I start hacking the TDE
build files on my end. Has anyone else seen this issue pop up lately?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.