-   -   Leap seconds ntp and chrony? (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-general-discussion/679392-leap-seconds-ntp-chrony.html)

mike cloaked 07-02-2012 05:09 PM

Leap seconds ntp and chrony?

There has been a fair amount of disruption to systems over a
widespread geographic area due to the mutex leap second bug from
midnight Saturday, and from what I read this was triggered by ntpd
calling specific routines from the kernel - does anyone know if the
same bug has also hit systems using chrony if that was in use instead
of ntp?

I guess that the kernel patches being written by John Stulz at
https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/7/1/203 will filter through to a kernel
update at some point?

--
mike c

Jelle van der Waa 07-02-2012 05:13 PM

Leap seconds ntp and chrony?

On 02/07/12 19:09, mike cloaked wrote:
> There has been a fair amount of disruption to systems over a
> widespread geographic area due to the mutex leap second bug from
> midnight Saturday, and from what I read this was triggered by ntpd
> calling specific routines from the kernel - does anyone know if the
> same bug has also hit systems using chrony if that was in use instead
> of ntp?
>
> I guess that the kernel patches being written by John Stulz at
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/7/1/203 will filter through to a kernel
> update at some point?

If you don't have problems now, you don't even need to worry. Else just
reboot

--
Jelle van der Waa