Old 06-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Sudaraka Wijesinghe

Default netcfg - virtual network on a loopback interface

Hi Everyone,

I was using a virtual network within my computer to run a web server for
development work. Following is the way it setup:

/etc/network.d/vlan
CONNECTION='ethernet'
DESCRIPTION='Virtual LAN'
INTERFACE='lo:1'
IP='static'
ADDR='192.168.123.1'
GATEWAY='192.168.123.1'
NETMASK='255.255.255.0'

Then I have valn in the NETWORKS array in /etc/conf.d/netcfg and,
net-profiles in the DAEMONS array in /etc/rc.conf

Everything was working fine until the netcfg package update yesterday,
and since then it fails to find/create the loopback interface. I get the
followin error at boot and when I run netcfg manually.

/usr/lib/network/network: line 364: /sys/class/net/lo:1/flags: No such
file or directory (x6)
/usr/lib/network/globals: line 104: /sys/class/net/lo:1/carrier: No
such file or directory (x6)

** (x6) means I get 6 of the same message

Can anyone please give me a pointer how to solve this?

Thanks.

--

Sudaraka Wijesinghe
identica/twitter | im/email | text/voice