Old 06-29-2012, 08:50 PM
"David C. Rankin"

Default skype - problem with audio playback when initiating call

Guys,

I've been through the wiki, but this weird skype error occurs when
attempting to make a voip voice call. The defaults set in skype "Sound
Services" were:

Microphone: Default device (default)
Speakers: Intel ICH6, Intel ICH6 - IEC958 (hw:0,4)
Ringing: Intel ICH6, Intel ICH6 - IEC958 (hw:0,4)

However pressing "Make a test sound" - there is NO sound. I can place a
call, but there is no ringing audio, etc.

If I change the config to:

Microphone: Default device (default)
Speakers: pulse (pulse)
Ringing: pulse (pulse)

Pressing "Make a test sound" -- works! But, attempting to make a call, I
get an immediate "Problem with Audio Playback" and the call closes.

I have set ~/.pulse/client.conf to "autospawn = no" and it make no
difference. Any ideas?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.