Old 06-25-2012, 09:10 PM
"David C. Rankin"

Default What replaced tunepimp for lookup - if anything?

Guys,

tpowa used to support the tunepimp package that is/was used by amarok for
music lookup, etc.. That package has been dropped. It wont even build
currently (probably gcc 4.7.1 issues) I need to figure out what if anything
replaced it. Was it replaced by anything or just dropped?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Tom Gundersen

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 11:10 PM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty@suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> *tpowa used to support the tunepimp package that is/was used by amarok for
> music lookup, etc.. That package has been dropped. It wont even build
> currently (probably gcc 4.7.1 issues) I need to figure out what if anything
> replaced it. Was it replaced by anything or just dropped?

As far as I know the online service used by tunepimp has been
discontinued, so the package was dropped.

The reason for dropping it was that we could not make it build against
the latest libmp4v2.

HTH,

Tom

Old 06-25-2012, 09:53 PM
"David C. Rankin"

On 06/25/2012 04:40 PM, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> As far as I know the online service used by tunepimp has been
> discontinued, so the package was dropped.
>
> The reason for dropping it was that we could not make it build against
> the latest libmp4v2.
>
> HTH,
>
> Tom

Thank you Tom!

That was exactly what I needed to know. I read the musicbrainz page about the
RDF library going away. It still works, but new development should not use
tunepimp, but instead use one of the newer musicbrainz lookups:

http://musicbrainz.org/doc/Picard_Tagger
http://musicbrainz.org/doc/Classic_Tagger
http://musicbrainz.org/doc/CD_Lookup_Tool

I will have to have one of the TDE wizards or Calvin help figure out what part
of Amarok will need updating to replace the functionality originally provided by
tunepimp. Amarok builds fine without it, but -- it was there to provide some
functionality to begin with. Oh the joy...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.