Old 06-25-2012, 10:00 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Default OT: Campaign against Secure Boot

On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 11:31 +0200, Martti Kühne wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 09:49:44AM +0200, Geoffroy PLANQUART wrote:
> >
> > Did anyone sign it? I've got problem once submitting, I'm redirected to crm.fsf.org which says that I must be logged in :/
> >

> Reminds me that last time I tried drupal it was utter brokenness. No real
> surprise this hasn't changed in the meantime.

I can't stand all those Drupal templates anymore, when a friend once
said that he found someone who designed his homepage, I was rolling on
the floor laughing. We aren't friends today, but today there's a note on
the homepage "powered by Drupal". OTOH most sides based on Drupal are
working, Drupal isn't guilty when they add Foo Analytics and don't care
for accessibility or they provide accessibility at the bottom of the
homepage after reading middle gray fonts on double-middle gray
background.
"The golden rules of bad HTML", still seem to be available in German
only: http://www.karzauninkat.com/Goldhtml/goldhtml.htm

There's no need for a translation, for some rules, e.g.:
http://www.karzauninkat.com/Goldhtml/goldhtml.htm#27
http://www.karzauninkat.com/Goldhtml/goldhtml.htm#22

IMO Drupal is useful and here fsf.org is ok.

http://www.google.de/search?q=drupal+template%
23&hl=de&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa= X&ei=qjboT8OqLormtQbyz6SmAQ&ved=0CI0BELAE&biw=1152 &bih=699#hl=de&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=drupal+template&oq= drupal+template&aq=f&aqi=g1g-S9&aql=&gs_l=img.3..0j0i24l9.4859.4859.0.5257.1.1. 0.0.0.0.86.86.1.1.0...0.0.L7G6N59PBOQ&pbx=1&bav=on .2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=7e6c392c65b1b741&b iw=1152&bih=699

Old 06-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 14:12 -0700, Don deJuan wrote:
> On 06/25/2012 01:51 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> >> Pardon.
> >>
> >> We, at least I shouldn't waste the time of other people.
> >>
> >> No excuse for writing useless stuff, you're right, OTOH is it really
> >> time, that could be used for something better?
> >>
> >> Some people take "things" more or less serious.
> >> We are on a software mailing list ... software is a joke regarding to
> >> other simple issues such as
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_power_skinhead
> >> You might call it polemic and OT for this list. Ok, you might be right,
> >> where is the border? UEFI also is far away from the unconvincable
> >> Neo-Nazis ... well everything so far is good, so there's no reason to be
> >> polemic and in the end we'll chime in "we were not aware about it".
> >> Yes, lets be quiet, sorry again,
> >> Ralf
> >
> > And yes, I'm a German, half of my grandparents would agree with you, the
> > other half was killed in WWII, because they made too much noise. I've a
> > criminal record for absence of the German armed forces.
> >
> > In German we say "wehret den Anfängen".
> > Yes, I might be polemic, it might be completely useless, but do we know?
> >
> > UEFI dosen't kill people, so I must be a polemic German idiot. Any
> > hints, when freedom really is attached and when we should talk about it
> > are welcome.
> >
> > Oh, nobody today can get a criminal record for what I've done, the law
> > changed a little bit, because idiots like me where haunted and today
> > everybody has got a choice.
> >
> > Note! Evil companies aren't stupid, they know how far they can go, IOW,
> > they take care that many people guess that criticism could be confused
> > with grotesque paranoia or too much noise on a mailing list.
> >
> > I might be wrong, but you might be wrong too,
> > Ralf
> >
> WOW!!! I am an America/German Jew myself (1st generation here) and have
> to say you're blending so many things unrelated with mediocre issues.
> Secure Boot & MS & Apple DO NOT equal Hitler killing Jews!!!

I agree and I didn't claim something nearly similar to that.

> So why not just stick to Arch Linux topics and how they directly relate
> to actual issues at hand, or how secure boot would/will effect Arch.
> Endless rants of evil this is just like evil that, makes you sound as
> nutty as Hitler was.
>
> I honestly do not care if you are right or I am, but these ramblings are
> moot to the point the OP sent to the list. To me personally you have
> gone past the point of OT, way way past it.
>
> I think everyone who cares about this IS aware of it and if they feel
> there is truly something to worry about then actually put action to the
> rambles you post, such as following the link. Please keep Hitler out of
> these talks, to me it is moronic, not polemic, or you just like stirring
> the shit pot to see what floats.

So where is the border of/fore (sorry, my English is broken) freedom
today? I got a criminal record in the 80's just because I said NO, I
WON'T KILL PEOPLE, today everybody is allowed to have this opinion in
Germany. Not because people were quiet, but because people like me joint
prison records, for not be willing to harm anybody.

Civil courage might make some people look like idiots, I don't care.

So without being polemic, where's the border, when we should be loud?
As an American Jew, please don't visit Eastern Germany. It's not welcome
in Germany to talk about it, but I still prefer that people don't be
killed by idiots.

I don't care if somebody is a Neo-Nazi or just a ruthless
politician/firm owner, since it doesn't mean a difference. Gay Nazis
killed other gays etc., please focus what was and today is the interest
oft people like Bill Gates.

There can't be too much noise. If I'm mistaken, resp. there might be an
overdose of output, use your spam filter, don't ban words.

2 Cents,
Ralf

Old 06-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 23:37 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> If I'm mistaken, resp. there might be an
> overdose of output, use your spam filter, don't ban words.

*chuckle* English isn't my native language . I suspect that you're
able to read between the lines. So simply ban me by your spam filter,
but give other people a try, that might have a different opinion than
yours.