Old 06-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Arno Gaboury

Default merging files from pacnew

On 06/25/2012 03:31 PM, Kevin Chadwick wrote:

On 06/25/2012 02:42 PM, Kevin Chadwick wrote:

I like the dual screen
interface, and think I will stick to it. I will maybe add an entry in
the *Pacnew and Pacsave* *files*, as I think a list of most used
shortcuts could be explained.

Would be good if you copied that to this thread?

What do you want me to copy in this thread? All most common keyboard
commands using vimdiff?

No matter, thought you had a concise reference of shortcuts that may be
worth seeing if it was handy.

Why not do something good every day and install BOINC.
Please have a look at the WIKI. I added this morning the list of
shortcuts you are talking about under section " A quick roundup of vimdiff "

Old 06-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Karol Blazewicz

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Arno Gaboury <arnaud.gaboury@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please have a look at the WIKI. I added this morning the list of shortcuts
> you are talking about under section " A quick roundup of vimdiff "

You seem to use 'insert mode' and 'edit mode' as the name for the same
mode which may create confusion.

If you want, you can add a hint about

" Smart way to move between windows
map <C-j> <C-W>j