Old 06-23-2012, 09:08 AM
Jianjun Mao

Default Chromium browser does not follow the proxy settings

the proxy interface is really bad...anyway --proxy-pac-url command option
works for me
在 2012-6-23 下午4:46,"Jayesh Badwaik" <jayesh.badwaik90@gmail.com>写道:

Old 06-23-2012, 09:21 AM
Jayesh Badwaik

On Saturday 23 Jun 2012 17:08:06 Jianjun Mao wrote:
> the proxy interface is really bad...anyway --proxy-pac-url command
> option works for me

Oh, thanks. Reading into the man pages of Chromium (did not know they
had one!). It seems there are a host of options, --proxy-server is
another for example. Shouldn't it be atleast on the wiki? That the proxy
settings do not work well?

So, I added the information in the trouble shooting section of the wiki
on chromium. This is my first time contribution to any wiki, so I would
be glad if someone could just check if it is okay.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Genes MailLists

On 06/23/2012 04:45 AM, Jayesh Badwaik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using chromium with KDE, and whenever I open Chromium proxy
> settings, I get KDE proxy settings. I have already enabled my KDE proxy
> settings, so the proxy should work right?

There was an issue with some earlier chrome versions and changes made
in kde. This may or may not be your issue.

Please check the file:

~/.kde4/share/config/kioslaverc

And make sure that the proxy port only has a colon between the host and
the port num. At some point kde made them spaces and chrome broke. Kde
could have broke too I don't know :-)

SAldo, it seems kde provides a file but no API to read the file - kind
of a poor design.

Anyway hand edit the file so it looks more like

httpProxy=http://proxy.foo.com:3128

etc.

gene/

Old 06-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Jayesh Badwaik

On Saturday 23 Jun 2012 09:18:19 Genes MailLists wrote:
> There was an issue with some earlier chrome versions and changes
> made in kde. This may or may not be your issue.
>
> Please check the file:
>
> ~/.kde4/share/config/kioslaverc
>
> And make sure that the proxy port only has a colon between the host
> and the port num. At some point kde made them spaces and chrome
> broke. Kde could have broke too I don't know :-)

Well you are correct, there is indeed a space. But KDE apps are not
broken.
> SAldo, it seems kde provides a file but no API to read the file -
> kind of a poor design.
>
> Anyway hand edit the file so it looks more like
>
> httpProxy=http://proxy.foo.com:3128
>
> etc.

I did that, makes no difference. Actually, I have a SOCKS5 proxy, so my
line instead changes to

socksProxy=SOCKS5://localhost:7546

If i do that, then chrome connections fails because it cannot connect to
the proxy properly. Anything else is ignored by chrome and it switched
to direct connection (which is dangerous, there should at least be a
warning that the proxy is not being used.)

Anyway, the proxy url is the same url which I use when I use the --
proxy-server option and again, even after edit, the KDE application are
working fine and process the proxy correctly and use it.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Jayesh Badwaik

The --proxy-server option is working perfectly fine for now.