Old 06-23-2012, 02:09 AM
Manolo Martínez

Default Campaign against Secure Boot

Is Arch going to sign [this petition](http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/secure-boot-vs-restricted-boot/statement)? I, for one humble user, would like it (us, whatever) to.

Manolo

--

Old 06-25-2012, 04:24 AM
"David C. Rankin"

On 06/22/2012 09:09 PM, Manolo Martínez wrote:
> Is Arch going to sign [this petition](http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/secure-boot-vs-restricted-boot/statement)? I, for one humble user, would like it (us, whatever) to.
>
> Manolo

Sometimes the political side of open-source is just as important to its
continued success as the technical/development side of the house. I have never
seen a FSF position taken that should not be fully supported by every Linux
distro on the planet. From that standpoint, the Arch signature on the movement
will add weight and legitimacy to the cause and may help further the goal of
limiting, if not killing, secure boot requirements from motherboard companies.

It is one of those simple meaningless movements on first blush -- that just
might end up being one of the most important for the continue booting of
open-source OSs on new hardward.

Decision Maker Archers -- It's worth doing.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Geoffroy PLANQUART

On Jun 25, 2012, at 6:24 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:

> On 06/22/2012 09:09 PM, Manolo Martínez wrote:
>> Is Arch going to sign [this petition](http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/secure-boot-vs-restricted-boot/statement)? I, for one humble user, would like it (us, whatever) to.
>>
>> Manolo

Did anyone sign it? I've got problem once submitting, I'm redirected to crm.fsf.org which says that I must be logged in :/

Am I the only one?

Old 06-25-2012, 07:53 AM
fredbezies

2012/6/25 Geoffroy PLANQUART <geoffroy@planquart.fr>

> On Jun 25, 2012, at 6:24 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
>
> > On 06/22/2012 09:09 PM, Manolo Martínez wrote:
> >> Is Arch going to sign [this petition](
> http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/secure-boot-vs-restricted-boot/statement)?
> I, for one humble user, would like it (us, whatever) to.
> >>
> >> Manolo
>
> Did anyone sign it? I've got problem once submitting, I'm redirected to
> crm.fsf.org which says that I must be logged in :/
>
> Am I the only one?

It worked for me this morning.

--
Frederic Bezies
fredbezies@gmail.com

Old 06-25-2012, 07:58 AM
Patrick Burroughs

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 12:49 AM, Geoffroy PLANQUART
<geoffroy@planquart.fr> wrote:
> Did anyone sign it? I've got problem once submitting, I'm redirected to crm.fsf.org which says that I must be logged in :/
>
> Am I the only one?

You're definitely not the only one, I'm having the same issue.

~Celti

Old 06-25-2012, 08:19 AM
Arno Gaboury