Old 06-22-2012, 10:16 AM
m a

Default Complete mess after having attempted to install Nvidia drivers‏‏

> Boot from the LiveCD and chroot to your system

I have already done that (having followed the relevant Archbang wiki)
but, once I attempt to install anything, I get this:
error: GPGME error: Bad file descriptor
error: xorg-server: missing required signature
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP
signature))
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Kevin Chadwick

> > Boot from the LiveCD and chroot to your system
>
> I have already done that (having followed the relevant Archbang wiki)
> but, once I attempt to install anything, I get this:
> error: GPGME error: Bad file descriptor
> error: xorg-server: missing required signature
> error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP
> signature))
> Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I've changed pacman.conf to Sigcheck=never before but that was for my
own built and signed package anyway so of course that may add risk in
your case. You'd likely need to include more in your chroot or you could
check the sigs manually. They are on the mirrors with .sig
after them. I guess the wiki needs updating?

You could likely just disable X starting and then run pacman once booted
into the console. If the cds not available next time you can add
break=y to the kernel commandline.

Why not do something good every day and install BOINC.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:22 PM
m a

Ok, I got my keyboard and mouse back!
I suppose it wasn't really wise of me to follow the instructions given on
the Archbang wiki, everything worked perfectly with the Arch wiki on
chroot.
I wrote down the alternative method suggested here though, I'm sure I'll
find it useful some time soon.
Anyway, thank you all very much.

Now, I was getting an insanely flickering screen with the nouveau drivers,
so decided to switch back to the proprietary ones.
The problem that I'm facing now is that I get an error message saying "No
screens found".
Is there anything I can about this? I looked around but didn't find a
solution.