Old 06-22-2012, 09:51 AM
"Nelson Marambio"

Default Complete mess after having attempted to install Nvidia drivers

AFAIK there are several video drivers installed as dependency when you install the xorg package, e.g. xfree-video-ati, xfree-video-intel etc. that are not related to the real hardware configuration but do not cause a conflict otherwise.

So there the Intel driver might have been being installed unconsciously.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Old 06-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Ray Kohler

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 3:58 AM, m a <mantonavia@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was trying to remove the proprietary drivers for my nvidia, to install
> the open source ones.
> I read in the wiki that I also had to remove the /etc/X11/xorg.conf, but
> only found an /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d, so I removed that one.
> I don't know if this is the reason why I can no longer use either the
> keyboard or the mouse when reaching the login screen.
> Let me add that I forgot to also remove the intel video drivers that I used
> before, don't know if this could have anything to do with what I'm facing
> now though.
>
> The question is, what did I do wrong and how can I fix this?
> I tried adding either 3 or 1 to the grub kernel line, but I still can't
> reach the command line.

You should do "pacman -Qqk" as root to have pacman tell you about
files packages installed but are missing. That will tell you which
packages to reinstall to get the deleted files back.