Old 06-20-2012, 09:13 AM
Sergej Pupykin

Default x264 and ffmpeg rebuild

What do you think about ffmpeg-compat package ?

********************
# $Id$

pkgname=ffmpeg-compat
pkgver=20120509
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Complete and free Internet live audio and video broadcasting solution for Linux/Unix"
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
url="http://ffmpeg.org/"
license=('GPL')
depends=(alsa-lib bzip2 gsm lame libpulse libtheora libva
libvorbis libvpx opencore-amr openjpeg rtmpdump schroedinger
sdl speex x264 xvidcore zlib)
makedepends=('yasm' 'git' 'libvdpau')
source=(ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/ffmpeg/ffmpeg-$pkgver.tar.xz)
md5sums=('a35359e424608f369d380f03e4dc9966')

build() {
cd "ffmpeg"

./configure
--prefix=/usr
--incdir=/usr/include/ffmpeg-compat
--libdir=/usr/lib/ffmpeg-compat
--shlibdir=/usr/lib/ffmpeg-compat
--enable-libmp3lame
--enable-libvorbis
--enable-libxvid
--enable-libx264
--enable-libvpx
--enable-libtheora
--enable-libgsm
--enable-libspeex
--enable-postproc
--enable-shared
--enable-x11grab
--enable-libopencore_amrnb
--enable-libopencore_amrwb
--enable-libschroedinger
--enable-libopenjpeg
--enable-librtmp
--enable-libpulse
--enable-gpl
--enable-version3
--enable-runtime-cpudetect
--disable-debug
--disable-static

make
}

package() {
cd "ffmpeg"
make DESTDIR="$pkgdir" install
rm -rf $pkgdir/usr/{bin,share}
}
********************

Old 06-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Sergej Pupykin

At Wed, 20 Jun 2012 13:13:13 +0400,
Sergej Pupykin <ml@sergej.pp.ru> wrote:

> What do you think about ffmpeg-compat package ?

I've put it to community-staging and build motion, synfig and
openscenegraph packages with it.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:52 PM
Ionut Biru

On 06/20/2012 06:40 PM, Sergej Pupykin wrote:
> At Wed, 20 Jun 2012 13:13:13 +0400,
> Sergej Pupykin <ml@sergej.pp.ru> wrote:
>>
>> What do you think about ffmpeg-compat package ?
>
> I've put it to community-staging and build motion, synfig and
> openscenegraph packages with it.

why did you bother to ask us for opinions if you don't even wait to see
what we have to say.

I disagree with having such package but lets see what others have to say.

--
IonuČ›

Old 06-21-2012, 04:30 AM
Sven-Hendrik Haase

Ionut Biru <ibiru@archlinux.org> wrote:

On 06/20/2012 06:40 PM, Sergej Pupykin wrote:
> At Wed, 20 Jun 2012 13:13:13 +0400,
> Sergej Pupykin <ml@sergej.pp.ru> wrote:
>>
>> What do you think about ffmpeg-compat package ?
>
> I've put it to community-staging and build motion, synfig and
> openscenegraph packages with it.

why did you bother to ask us for opinions if you don't even wait to see
what we have to say.

I disagree with having such package but lets see what others have to say.

--
IonuČ›

I also disagree with having such a package. The remaining packages aren't too many and they should be patchable.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Sergej Pupykin

At Thu, 21 Jun 2012 02:52:18 +0300,
Ionut Biru wrote:
> why did you bother to ask us for opinions if you don't even wait to see
> what we have to say.

Because of I can remove it. Putting package into staging is not too
fatal action)

Old 06-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Thomas Bächler

Am 21.06.2012 11:17, schrieb Sergej Pupykin:

> At Thu, 21 Jun 2012 02:52:18 +0300,
> Ionut Biru wrote:
>> why did you bother to ask us for opinions if you don't even wait to see
>> what we have to say.
>
> Because of I can remove it. Putting package into staging is not too
> fatal action)

Agreed. Nobody can review the package details unless PKGBUILD and
package are made available.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Ionut Biru

bump,

i really want to move this list as soon as possible to testing.
what's the status of amarok and miro?
what about the other packages that weren't compatible? did you guys
switched to ffmpeg-compat?

--
IonuČ›

Old 07-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Sven-Hendrik Haase

On 07/06/2012 03:31 PM, Ionut Biru wrote:
> bump,
>
> i really want to move this list as soon as possible to testing.
> what's the status of amarok and miro?
> what about the other packages that weren't compatible? did you guys
> switched to ffmpeg-compat?

I say we kick miro and apparently amarok already compiles cleanly
against ffmpeg 0.11.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Ronald van Haren

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Ionut Biru <biru.ionut@gmail.com> wrote:
> bump,
>
> i really want to move this list as soon as possible to testing.
> what's the status of amarok and miro?
> what about the other packages that weren't compatible? did you guys
> switched to ffmpeg-compat?
>

> --
> IonuČ›

I'll rebuild amarok tonight. I forgot to rebuild the staging pkg when
I added a patch to the extrapkg. It builds fine with the new ffmpeg.

I haven't found a fix for miro yet. I'm fine with switching to
ffmpeg-compat (is there already such a package or should I create
one?)

Ronald

Old 07-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Ionut Biru

On 07/06/2012 04:39 PM, Ronald van Haren wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Ionut Biru <biru.ionut@gmail.com> wrote:
>> bump,
>>
>> i really want to move this list as soon as possible to testing.
>> what's the status of amarok and miro?
>> what about the other packages that weren't compatible? did you guys
>> switched to ffmpeg-compat?
>>

>> --
>> IonuČ›
>>

> I'll rebuild amarok tonight. I forgot to rebuild the staging pkg when
> I added a patch to the extrapkg. It builds fine with the new ffmpeg.
>
> I haven't found a fix for miro yet. I'm fine with switching to
> ffmpeg-compat (is there already such a package or should I create
> one?)

ffmpeg-compat is in community-staging.

--
IonuČ›