Old 06-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Mateusz Loskot

Default Chromium's Langauge settings dialog not opening

Hi,

I'm having weird issue wiht Chromium on the current Arch.
Regardless of WM used, Openbox or i3, I can observe it.

0. Fresh Chromium configuration (~/.config/chromium wiped out)

1. Load page with textarea, e.g. gist.github.com, pastebin.com
2. Right-click on textarea -> select Spell-checker Options -> Language Settings
3. No dialog opens

Now, tick off "Check the spelling of this field" in right-click
context menu -> Spell-checker Options
Then:

1. Load page with textarea, e.g. gist.github.com, pastebin.com
2. Right-click on textarea -> select Spell-checker Options -> Language Settings
3. Now Language Settings tab opens

Has anyone noticed that?

Best regards,

Old 06-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Jayesh Badwaik

On Tuesday 19 Jun 2012 21:05:48 Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having weird issue wiht Chromium on the current Arch.
> Regardless of WM used, Openbox or i3, I can observe it.
>
> 0. Fresh Chromium configuration (~/.config/chromium wiped out)
>
> 1. Load page with textarea, e.g. gist.github.com, pastebin.com
> 2. Right-click on textarea -> select Spell-checker Options -> Language
> Settings 3. No dialog opens
>
> Now, tick off "Check the spelling of this field" in right-click
> context menu -> Spell-checker Options
> Then:
>
> 1. Load page with textarea, e.g. gist.github.com, pastebin.com
> 2. Right-click on textarea -> select Spell-checker Options -> Language
> Settings 3. Now Language Settings tab opens
>
> Has anyone noticed that?
>
> Best regards,

I followed all your steps. Works for me. Instead of dialog box, a new
tab opens though. Probably you have a pop-up blocker enabled? (Just
guessing)
--
Jayesh Badwaik
stop html mail | always bottom-post

Old 06-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Jayesh Badwaik

On Wednesday 20 Jun 2012 02:38:31 you wrote:
>Probably you have a pop-up blocker enabled? (Just
> guessing)

Did not know what I was thinking. Please ignore it.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Mateusz Loskot

On 19 June 2012 22:08, Jayesh Badwaik <jayesh.badwaik90@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 Jun 2012 21:05:48 Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>>
>> I'm having weird issue wiht Chromium on the current Arch.
>> Regardless of WM used, Openbox or i3, I can observe it.
>>
>> 0. Fresh Chromium configuration (~/.config/chromium wiped out)
>>
>> 1. Load page with textarea, e.g. gist.github.com, pastebin.com
>> 2. Right-click on textarea -> select Spell-checker Options -> Language
>> Settings 3. No dialog opens
>>
>> Now, tick off "Check the spelling of this field" in right-click
>> context menu -> Spell-checker Options
>> Then:
>>
>> 1. Load page with textarea, e.g. gist.github.com, pastebin.com
>> 2. Right-click on textarea -> select Spell-checker Options -> Language
>> Settings 3. Now Language Settings tab opens
>>
>> Has anyone noticed that?
>

> I followed all your steps. Works for me. Instead of dialog box, a new
> tab opens though. Probably you have a pop-up blocker enabled? (Just
> guessing)

OK, good to know. Perhaps I messed something with configuration.

Best regards,