Old 06-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Don deJuan

Default Arch as a web server

On 06/26/2012 10:49 AM, Kevin Chadwick wrote:

Have you considered flavours like mail, web.

A recent thread showed atleast one person who probably would have liked
an out of the box web arch?

Sorry Kevin, I don't follow you.

probably because it's completely off the radar and probably projects
in themselves especially as your just getting back up and running.

This thread (feeling sheepish) about debian or arch being best for a
webserver got me thinking you could have an install package or iso for
different server types such as a web server version or mail server
version.

Then the answer on this thread could be because arch has a fully
functional and well setup (perhaps chrooted) web server out of the box.

I think that would be a great idea to have an installable chrooted iso
for differing types, or in the installer you choose the type/types you
want. I know I would give it a shot as it is something I have wanted to
have/do for awhile.