Old 06-16-2012, 08:17 PM
"David C. Rankin"

Default gcc 4.7.1 - any estimate for Arch?

On 06/15/2012 06:49 PM, Ionut Biru wrote:
> OMFG. Arch is not rolling anymore.

WTF?

- --
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Don deJuan

On 06/16/2012 01:17 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:

On 06/15/2012 06:49 PM, Ionut Biru wrote:

OMFG. Arch is not rolling anymore.

WTF?

- --
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

Because you were asking basically right after that version released
upstream. I cant find where it is said now, but some place on the Arch
site, it says packages will be ready when they are ready.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Don deJuan

Old 06-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Don deJuan

Old 06-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Don deJuan

Old 06-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Karol Blazewicz

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM, Don deJuan <donjuansjiz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I cant find where it is said now, but some place on the Arch site,
> it says packages will be ready when they are ready.

When will $package be in the repos?
When it is ready.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Karol Blazewicz

Old 06-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Karol Blazewicz

Old 06-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Karol Blazewicz

Old 06-16-2012, 10:12 PM
"David C. Rankin"

On 06/16/2012 04:29 PM, Don deJuan wrote:
> On 06/16/2012 01:17 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
>>
>> On 06/15/2012 06:49 PM, Ionut Biru wrote:
>>> OMFG. Arch is not rolling anymore.
>>
>> WTF?
>>
>> - --
>> David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
>>

> Because you were asking basically right after that version released upstream. I
> cant find where it is said now, but some place on the Arch site, it says
> packages will be ready when they are ready.

I'm not asking to be pushy. I simply was:

<quote>
Just checking on whether there are any hurdles to get over
before we see it in Arch. Thanks.
</quote>

If not, then I know it will show up in a couple of days. If so, then it might
be in testing for a couple of weeks.

Depending on which will determine how I allocate my time over the next few
days. Simply a planning issue really. I can't see anything that would require a
hold in testing between 4.7.0-6 and 4.7.1 -- but then "I don't know". That's why
I asked.

To think such a simple question would draw such a snide and sarcastic response
is a disappointing reflection on how members are treated on this list. I know
how Arch works, that is precisely why I asked. Let's keep it constructive.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.