Old 05-31-2012, 01:31 PM
Sergi Pons Freixes

Default Powertop tunables and performance + Other optimizations

2012/5/31 Martin Cigorraga <msx@archlinux.us>:
> From my subjective own experience, it don't, the only thing I don't
> activate when my laptop is plugged is the mouse switch since it instructs
> the system to turnoff the USB port whenever there's no activity on it and
> that can be very annoying, believe me xD

I've been playing interactively with the tunables, and completely
agree about how annoying is the auto suspend for the USB mouse :P.
I'll probably make all the others permanent.

> Combining Powertop 2 with Liquorix kernel, Ulatencyd, e4rat, preload and
> some more fancy tweakes here and there -sysctl.conf, grub kernel line,
> etc.- I have a feather-light, lightspeed KDE SC full suite with every eye
> candy effect on and the best part is my notebook -Pavilion dv7-4287cl-
> reminds _cool_ all the time.

Sounds really nice. I've never heard about the kernel and software you
mention, and after reading about them it sounds really interesting. Do
you have any reference (website/blog/wiki/whatever) with these
optimizations, apart from the Arch Wiki?