Old 05-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Karol Blazewicz

Default news item for libudev rebuild

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 9:49 PM, Dave Reisner <d@falconindy.com> wrote:
> systemd-tools Replaces Udev

> The release of systemd 183 signifies the first release wherein systemd
> and udev share the same upstream code repository.

Not everyone is following upstream or the ML, so maybe you could add a
few words about systemd *not* replacing our initscripts etc. + a link
to some recent discussion and maybe even a link with the udev-systemd
merge info.
For non-developers for whom English is not the first language, the
situation with udev may be a bit unclear but I'm not sure if using
simpler language or adding additional explanation is needed or am I
just exaggerating :-)