Old 05-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Heiko Baums

Default Mirrors not synchronized or a problem with the package database?

Am Fri, 25 May 2012 14:45:22 +0300
schrieb Axilleas Pi <axilleaspi@ymail.com>:

> I had the same problem. I think the problem is with ftp mirrors. Try
> one http and see how it goes. At least, one I tried solved this
> problem.

I forgot to mention this, I admit, but I only use http mirrors.

Heiko

Old 05-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Rodrigo Rivas

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Axilleas Pi <axilleaspi@ymail.com> wrote:

> I had the same problem. I think the problem is with ftp mirrors. Try one
> http and see how it goes. At least, one I tried solved this problem.

I also had this problem with the Spanish Rediris, and it is an HTTP mirror.

I've changed to another one with a higher score and I got the updates.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Jakob Wadsager

On 25 May 2012 10:09, Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de> wrote:
> Is there a problem with the mirrors and their synchronization or with
> the package database?

Our uk2.net mirror has some problems. For this reason we have added a
new tier 1 mirror (hosted by LeaseWeb). The mirrors that sync of
uk2[1] will hopefully soon switch to LeaseWeb or any other up-to-date
tier 1 mirror.

In addition I can report that our gwdg.de mirror is also having
filesystem issues. This will hopefully be resolved soon.

[1]
academica.fi
arch.apt-get.eu
archlinux.kz
archlinux.ro
arch.ping.uio.no
bytemark.co.uk
cinosure.com
datacenter.by
dkm.cz
eenet.ee
ftp.wa.co.za
i3d.net
lividpenguin.com
neolabs.kz
piotrkosoft.net (inactive)
portlane.com (inactive)
rnl.ist.utl.pt
root.lu

Best regards,
Jakob

Old 05-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Kevin Chadwick

On Fri, 25 May 2012 11:07:24 +0200
Heiko Baums wrote:

> Like I've written in my first e-mail this didn't help me.

mirror.bytemark.co.uk has the 3.3.6 package too from the 13th I think.
Newest package I saw very quickly so take with a grain of salt was from
the 21st.

I'd work down from the root servers to check this out. Anyone have or
is there a chain description or hierarchy of mirrors on the website?.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Kevin Chadwick

On Fri, 25 May 2012 12:26:02 +0200
Jakob Wadsager wrote:

> The mirrors that sync of
> uk2[1]

Syncing Demand probably explains why UK2 was sometimes slow late at
night (early morning).

Old 05-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Axilleas Pi

Old 05-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Bjoern Franke

Hi,

> It's not only the German mirrors, it's at least one French mirror, too.

Do you mean mir.archlinux.fr?

http://mirror.devnu11.net/archlinux/ does also work.

--
xmpp: bjo@schafweide.org
bjo.nord-west.org | nord-west.org | freifunk-ol.de

Old 05-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Heiko Baums

Am Fri, 25 May 2012 16:19:54 +0200
schrieb Bjoern Franke <bjo@nord-west.org>:

> Do you mean mir.archlinux.fr?

Yes.

Heiko

Old 05-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Heiko Baums

Am Fri, 25 May 2012 12:26:02 +0200
schrieb Jakob Wadsager <jakob.wadsager@gmail.com>:

> On 25 May 2012 10:09, Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de> wrote:
> > Is there a problem with the mirrors and their synchronization or
> > with the package database?
>
> Our uk2.net mirror has some problems. For this reason we have added a
> new tier 1 mirror (hosted by LeaseWeb). The mirrors that sync of
> uk2[1] will hopefully soon switch to LeaseWeb or any other up-to-date
> tier 1 mirror.
>
> In addition I can report that our gwdg.de mirror is also having
> filesystem issues. This will hopefully be resolved soon.
>
> [1]
> academica.fi
> arch.apt-get.eu
> archlinux.kz
> archlinux.ro
> arch.ping.uio.no
> bytemark.co.uk
> cinosure.com
> datacenter.by
> dkm.cz
> eenet.ee
> ftp.wa.co.za
> i3d.net
> lividpenguin.com
> neolabs.kz
> piotrkosoft.net (inactive)
> portlane.com (inactive)
> rnl.ist.utl.pt
> root.lu

Unfortunately I use none of those mirrors. So uk2.net couldn't be the
reason.

Currently this is my mirrorlist:

Server = http://mir.archlinux.fr/$repo/os/$arch
Server =
http://ftp.hosteurope.de/mirror/ftp.archlinux.org/$repo/os/$arch
Server = http://archlinux.limun.org/$repo/os/$arch
Server =
http://ftp.spline.inf.fu-berlin.de/mirrors/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch
Server = http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/linux/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch
Server = http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch
Server = http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/ftp.archlinux.org/$repo/os/$arch
Server = http://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch
Server = http://mirror.archlinux.no/$repo/os/$arch
Server = http://mirrors.kernel.org/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch

If I recall correctly syncing failed at least from these mirrors,
probably from some more:

Server = http://mir.archlinux.fr/$repo/os/$arch
Server =
http://ftp.hosteurope.de/mirror/ftp.archlinux.org/$repo/os/$arch
Server = http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch

This mirror worked:

Old 05-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Ionuț Bîru

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de> wrote:
> Am Fri, 25 May 2012 12:26:02 +0200
> schrieb Jakob Wadsager <jakob.wadsager@gmail.com>:
>
>> On 25 May 2012 10:09, Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de> wrote:
>> > Is there a problem with the mirrors and their synchronization or
>> > with the package database?
>>
>> Our uk2.net mirror has some problems. For this reason we have added a
>> new tier 1 mirror (hosted by LeaseWeb). The mirrors that sync of
>> uk2[1] will hopefully soon switch to LeaseWeb or any other up-to-date
>> tier 1 mirror.
>>
>> In addition I can report that our gwdg.de mirror is also having
>> filesystem issues. This will hopefully be resolved soon.
>>
>> [1]
>> academica.fi
>> arch.apt-get.eu
>> archlinux.kz
>> archlinux.ro
>> arch.ping.uio.no
>> bytemark.co.uk
>> cinosure.com
>> datacenter.by
>> dkm.cz
>> eenet.ee
>> ftp.wa.co.za
>> i3d.net
>> lividpenguin.com
>> neolabs.kz
>> piotrkosoft.net (inactive)
>> portlane.com (inactive)
>> rnl.ist.utl.pt
>> root.lu
>
> Unfortunately I use none of those mirrors. So uk2.net couldn't be the
> reason.

uk2.net is used as tier 1 for those servers. you should really believe
Jakob, he knows what he's talking about.

--
Ionut