Old 05-22-2012, 11:04 AM
FGr

Default capturing moonlight stream

Hi.
Is there a way to capture a silverlight/moonlight video from a
website?
"DownloadHelper" firefox extension doesn't work.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Kwpolska

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM, FGr <frgroccia@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> Is there a way to capture a silverlight/moonlight video from a
> website?
> "DownloadHelper" firefox extension doesn't work.

If someone is using this piece of crap, this means you aren't supposed
to copy the content (DRM). And ~nobody has software to download
anything through Moonlight, only Silverlight on Windows. Sorry.

--
Kwpolska <http://kwpolska.tk>
stop html mail * * *| always bottom-post

Old 05-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Jelle van der Waa

On 23/05/12 17:04, Kwpolska wrote:
> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM, FGr <frgroccia@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi.
>> Is there a way to capture a silverlight/moonlight video from a
>> website?
>> "DownloadHelper" firefox extension doesn't work.
>>

> If someone is using this piece of crap, this means you aren't supposed
> to copy the content (DRM). And ~nobody has software to download
> anything through Moonlight, only Silverlight on Windows. Sorry.

Kwpolska your comment is utter useless... sometimes your forced to use
silverlight ( dutch netflix like application )

Anyway I have found a way to get around lovely silverlight if you have
the moonlight extension installed with Firefox you should be able todo this:

MOONLIGHT_OVERRIDES=keepmedia=yes firefox &

grep "href" /tmp/MoonlightProgressiveStream.*

This should give you an url of the the stream which you can play with
mplayer. Worked for me with a dutch silverlight stream months ago¸so no
guarantees

--
Jelle van der Waa

Old 05-23-2012, 03:48 PM
FGr

Excerpt from Kwpolska's message
of 2012-05-23T17:04+0200:

> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM, FGr <frgroccia@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi.
> > Is there a way to capture a silverlight/moonlight video from a
> > website?
> > "DownloadHelper" firefox extension doesn't work.
> >

> If someone is using this piece of crap, this means you aren't
> supposed to copy the content (DRM). And ~nobody has software to
> download anything through Moonlight, only Silverlight on Windows.
> Sorry.

it's a broadcast by RAI (that is, the Italian national
broadcasting :-)

Old 05-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Jelle van der Waa

On 23/05/12 17:48, FGr wrote:
> Excerpt from Kwpolska's message
> of 2012-05-23T17:04+0200:
>
>> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM, FGr <frgroccia@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi.
>>> Is there a way to capture a silverlight/moonlight video from a
>>> website?
>>> "DownloadHelper" firefox extension doesn't work.
>>>

>> If someone is using this piece of crap, this means you aren't
>> supposed to copy the content (DRM). And ~nobody has software to
>> download anything through Moonlight, only Silverlight on Windows.
>> Sorry.
>
> it's a broadcast by RAI (that is, the Italian national
> broadcasting :-)

Btw forgot to mention, if you run firefox, go to the website and try to
start the steam but i guess that might not work with moonlight :s ?

Else XBMc seems to have a plugin for RAI that might work. ( Didn't test it)

--
Jelle van der Waa

Old 05-24-2012, 02:53 PM
FGr

Excerpt from Jelle van der Waa's message
of 2012-05-23T17:35+0200:

> On 23/05/12 17:04, Kwpolska wrote:
> > On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM, FGr <frgroccia@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi.
> >> Is there a way to capture a silverlight/moonlight video from a
> >> website?
> >> "DownloadHelper" firefox extension doesn't work.
> >>

> > If someone is using this piece of crap, this means you aren't
> > supposed to copy the content (DRM). And ~nobody has software to
> > download anything through Moonlight, only Silverlight on
> > Windows. Sorry.
> >
> Kwpolska your comment is utter useless... sometimes your forced to
> use silverlight ( dutch netflix like application )
>
> Anyway I have found a way to get around lovely silverlight if you
> have the moonlight extension installed with Firefox you should be
> able todo this:
>
> MOONLIGHT_OVERRIDES=keepmedia=yes firefox &
>
> grep "href" /tmp/MoonlightProgressiveStream.*
>
> This should give you an url of the the stream which you can play
> with mplayer. Worked for me with a dutch silverlight stream months
> ago¸so no guarantees

it works (I typed `grep ref' because `grep "href"' is void).
Thanks.