Old 05-16-2012, 09:54 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Default error installing package that relies on soprano (k9copy)

When I try to install k9copy, I receive the following error message:

:: Retrieving packages from extra...
error: failed retrieving file 'soprano-2.7.5-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz' from
ftp.archlinux.org : Given file does not exist

1. Is this a packaging error of some kind (presumably in the k9copy package)?

2. Is there something I can do to allow me to avoid this problem and install
k9copy?

Doc

--
Web: http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR

Old 05-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Guillaume Brunerie

2012/5/16 D. R. Evans <doc.evans@gmail.com>:
> When I try to install k9copy, I receive the following error message:
>
> :: Retrieving packages from extra...
> error: failed retrieving file 'soprano-2.7.5-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz' from
> ftp.archlinux.org : Given file does not exist
>
> 1. Is this a packaging error of some kind (presumably in the k9copy package)?
>
> 2. Is there something I can do to allow me to avoid this problem and install
> k9copy?

It means that you need to `pacman -Syu`, because the soprano package
has been upgraded to 2.7.6, hence the 2.7.5 is not on the server
anymore, so you need to update your package database, and your system.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:09 PM
"D. R. Evans"

D. R. Evans said the following at 05/16/2012 03:54 PM :
> When I try to install k9copy, I receive the following error message:
>
> :: Retrieving packages from extra...
> error: failed retrieving file 'soprano-2.7.5-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz' from
> ftp.archlinux.org : Given file does not exist
>
> 1. Is this a packaging error of some kind (presumably in the k9copy package)?
>
> 2. Is there something I can do to allow me to avoid this problem and install
> k9copy?

Never mind, it looks like it was a temporary failure while the mirror was
updating or something and things were temporarily out of sync.

Doc

--
Web: http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR

Old 05-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Jesse Jaara

Also you should not use ftp.archlinux.org mirror. It has 50Kb/s caps and
all.