Old 05-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Arno Gaboury

Default procps dependency

I am trying to build and burn the archboot iso file on my x86_64 Arch.

*|[gabx@magnolia Desktop]$ sudo pacman -S archboot
Password:
resolving dependencies...
warning: cannot resolve "procps>=3.2.8-4", a dependency of "archboot"
:: The following package cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable dependencies:
archboot

Do you want to skip the above package for this upgrade? [y/N] n|*

procps-ng 3.3.2-2 is installed on my box.

** From what I read and understand, Arch went recently from procps to
procps-ng, so it is normal that my system doesn't have anymore the
procps package listed as installed and I can safely ignore.

Please can someone confirm?