Old 05-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Paul Gideon Dann

Default Akonadi LDAP

Hi guys,

I've been reading up on LDAP, in the hope of getting Kontact set up to read in
addresses from my work's Exchange server. However, it seems that LDAP is
missing from the "New Address Book" dialogue. It's also missing from the
Akonadi configuration.

I know it's supposed to be there. Do I need something extra installed?

Paul

Old 05-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Dan Vratil

On Tuesday 08 of May 2012 17:31:39 Paul Gideon Dann wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've been reading up on LDAP, in the hope of getting Kontact set up to read
> in addresses from my work's Exchange server. However, it seems that LDAP
> is missing from the "New Address Book" dialogue. It's also missing from
> the Akonadi configuration.
>
> I know it's supposed to be there. Do I need something extra installed?

Hi,

It's in the "KDE Address Book (traditional)" resource. It supports various
backends including LDAP.

Dan

--
Dan Vratil
www.progdan.cz | dan@progdan.cz | Jabber: progdan@jabber.cz

Old 05-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Paul Gideon Dann

On Tuesday 08 May 2012 18:37:22 Dan Vratil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's in the "KDE Address Book (traditional)" resource. It supports various
> backends including LDAP.

Ah! Thanks Dan, I see it now. I didn't think to check there. I guess
Akonadi doesn't have a native LDAP resource yet.

Paul