Old 04-25-2012, 03:51 PM
"G. Schlisio"

Default Flash Plugin Crash on gimp-lqr tutorial page

Am 25.04.2012 17:25, schrieb David C. Rankin:

Guys,

Attempting to view the gimp liquide rescale tutorial page resulted
in a flash-plugin crash in firefox. The site is:

http://liquidrescale.wikidot.com/en:tutorial

It looked as if it was going to play initially, but then I got the
frowning lego. Can anyone confirm and let me know if this is a bug in
firefox or flash. It looks like flash, but I can't rule out a problem
in ff's implementation of the plugin. If it is a bug, can anyone tell
if it is in the build or upstream? Thanks.

It may also just be the page. I'm not good at debugging this type
issue.

ff/flash version?
i use 12.0/11.2 r202 and its all working fine here
georg

Old 04-25-2012, 04:42 PM
"David C. Rankin"

Attempting to view the gimp liquide rescale tutorial page resulted in a
flash-plugin crash in firefox. The site is:

http://liquidrescale.wikidot.com/en:tutorial

It looked as if it was going to play initially, but then I got the frowning
lego. Can anyone confirm and let me know if this is a bug in firefox or
flash. It looks like flash, but I can't rule out a problem in ff's
implementation of the plugin. If it is a bug, can anyone tell if it is in
the build or upstream? Thanks.

It may also just be the page. I'm not good at debugging this type issue.

ff/flash version?
i use 12.0/11.2 r202 and its all working fine here
georg

Hmm..

flashplugin 11.2.202.233-1

This is on i686. I have found a couple of recent reports that point to:

1) export VDPAU_NVIDIA_NO_OVERLAY=1
2) Create /etc/adobe/mms.cfg file and put this text into it:
EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1

I'll give that a go and report back.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.