Old 04-21-2012, 07:52 AM
Dmitry Korzhevin

Default Screen locking problem in KDE

Hello guys,

Please give me advice - how can i debug problem with screen locking in
KDE? I don't find any similar problems in arch forums/mailing lists.
This problem appeared after update.

Standart Ctrl+Alt+L doesn't work, plasma applet (screen lock) doesn't
work too.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Korzhevin

Old 04-21-2012, 08:35 AM
gt

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 10:52:54AM +0300, Dmitry Korzhevin wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> Please give me advice - how can i debug problem with screen locking in
> KDE? I don't find any similar problems in arch forums/mailing lists.
> This problem appeared after update.
>
> Standart Ctrl+Alt+L doesn't work, plasma applet (screen lock) doesn't
> work too.

Does this command work?

qdbus org.freedesktop.ScreenSaver /ScreenSaver Lock

Old 04-21-2012, 09:21 AM
LINQihu

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/29467
Check if it is due to this bug?

Old 04-21-2012, 09:30 AM
Dmitry Korzhevin

21.04.2012 11:35, gt написал:
> On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 10:52:54AM +0300, Dmitry Korzhevin wrote:
>> Hello guys,
>>
>> Please give me advice - how can i debug problem with screen
>> locking in KDE? I don't find any similar problems in arch
>> forums/mailing lists. This problem appeared after update.
>>
>> Standart Ctrl+Alt+L doesn't work, plasma applet (screen lock)
>> doesn't work too.
>
> Does this command work?
>
> qdbus org.freedesktop.ScreenSaver /ScreenSaver Lock

I tried this some time ago - it doesn't works:

Service 'org.freedesktop.ScreenSaver' does not exist.

[dkorzhevin@myhost ~]$ qdbus org.freedesktop.
org.freedesktop.Akonadi
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_mailfilter_a gent
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_contacts_ resource_0
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_akonotes_res ource_0
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_nepomuk_feed er
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_ical_reso urce_0
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_akonotes_res ource_1
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_vcard_resour ce_0
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_ical_reso urce_1
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_akonotes_res ource_2
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Control
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_ical_reso urce_2
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_akonotes_res ource_3
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Control.lock
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_ical_reso urce_3
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_contacts_res ource_0
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Janitor
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_maildir_r esource_2
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_ical_resourc e_0
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.MailDispatcherAgent
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_vcard_res ource_0
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_ical_resourc e_1
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.MailFilterAgent
org.freedesktop.DBus
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_ical_resourc e_2
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_akonotes_ resource_0
org.freedesktop.Notifications
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_ical_resourc e_3
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_akonotes_ resource_1
org.freedesktop.PowerManagement
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_maildir_reso urce_2
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_akonotes_ resource_2
org.freedesktop.PowerManagement.Inhibit
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_maildispatch er_agent
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_akonotes_ resource_3
[dkorzhevin@myhost ~]$ qdbus org.freedesktop.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Korzhevin
Tel: +38 (039) 295-0000
Office Phone: +38 (044) 383-14-12
E-mail: dkorzhevin@lsupport.net
Jabber ID: dkorzhevin@lsupport.net
Skype: dkorzhevin
Linux Support LLC

Old 04-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Martti Kühne

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 12:30:26PM +0300, Dmitry Korzhevin wrote:
> 21.04.2012 11:35, gt написал:
> > On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 10:52:54AM +0300, Dmitry Korzhevin wrote:
> >> Hello guys,
> >>
> >> Please give me advice - how can i debug problem with screen
> >> locking in KDE? I don't find any similar problems in arch
> >> forums/mailing lists. This problem appeared after update.
> >>
> >> Standart Ctrl+Alt+L doesn't work, plasma applet (screen lock)
> >> doesn't work too.
> >
> > Does this command work?
> >
> > qdbus org.freedesktop.ScreenSaver /ScreenSaver Lock
> >

> I tried this some time ago - it doesn't works:
>
> Service 'org.freedesktop.ScreenSaver' does not exist.
>
> [dkorzhevin@myhost ~]$ qdbus org.freedesktop.
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_mailfilter_a gent
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_contacts_ resource_0
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_akonotes_res ource_0
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_nepomuk_feed er
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_ical_reso urce_0
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_akonotes_res ource_1
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_vcard_resour ce_0
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_ical_reso urce_1
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_akonotes_res ource_2
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Control
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_ical_reso urce_2
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_akonotes_res ource_3
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Control.lock
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_ical_reso urce_3
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_contacts_res ource_0
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Janitor
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_maildir_r esource_2
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_ical_resourc e_0
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.MailDispatcherAgent
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_vcard_res ource_0
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_ical_resourc e_1
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.MailFilterAgent
> org.freedesktop.DBus
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_ical_resourc e_2
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_akonotes_ resource_0
> org.freedesktop.Notifications
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_ical_resourc e_3
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_akonotes_ resource_1
> org.freedesktop.PowerManagement
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_maildir_reso urce_2
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_akonotes_ resource_2
> org.freedesktop.PowerManagement.Inhibit
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_maildispatch er_agent
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_akonotes_ resource_3
> [dkorzhevin@myhost ~]$ qdbus org.freedesktop.

Did you consider that it might be the completion that's incomplete and just try
the command? People tend to trust their tools far too much lately.

cheers!
mar77i

Old 04-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Bruno

Old 04-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Paul Gideon Dann

On Saturday 21 Apr 2012 12:30:26 Dmitry Korzhevin wrote:
> 21.04.2012 11:35, gt написал:
> > On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 10:52:54AM +0300, Dmitry Korzhevin wrote:
> >> Hello guys,
> >>
> >> Please give me advice - how can i debug problem with screen
> >> locking in KDE? I don't find any similar problems in arch
> >> forums/mailing lists. This problem appeared after update.
> >>
> >> Standart Ctrl+Alt+L doesn't work, plasma applet (screen lock)
> >> doesn't work too.
> >
> > Does this command work?
> >
> > qdbus org.freedesktop.ScreenSaver /ScreenSaver Lock
>
> I tried this some time ago - it doesn't works:
>
> Service 'org.freedesktop.ScreenSaver' does not exist.

You're probably seeing the same problem I had (see the "KRunner crashes"
thread). Try downgrading your qt:

sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/qt-4.8.1-1*

If this fixes it, you've hit the same bug, which is apparently an issue with
the latest GCC:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/29467

Paul

Old 04-23-2012, 08:49 PM