Old 04-15-2012, 08:15 AM
"P .NIKOLIC"

Default findutils and locate

Hi .

How can i return full function to the findutils and locate , It was
the best utility for the job and now has been eroded by the supposed
replacements that are a complete failure .

I want my old locate command back and working as it always used to
never failed to find what i wanted

Oh and it did not clobber the system whilst building it's database
either

Pete .

--
Linux 7-of-9 3.3.1-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 3 06:46:17 UTC 2012
x86_64 AMD Phenom(tm) 9600B Quad-Core Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

Old 04-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Christoph Vigano

On 04/15/2012 10:15 AM, P .NIKOLIC wrote:
> Hi .
>
> How can i return full function to the findutils and locate , It was
> the best utility for the job and now has been eroded by the supposed
> replacements that are a complete failure .
>
> I want my old locate command back and working as it always used to
> never failed to find what i wanted
>
> Oh and it did not clobber the system whilst building it's database
> either
>

> Pete .

Uhm, of which replacements are we talking? I don't remember any recent
updates of those tools.

Christoph