Old 02-12-2012, 09:49 AM
fredbezies

Default Xorg 1.12 moves soon to testing for stabilization phase

2012/2/12 Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de>

> Am 12.02.2012 10:48, schrieb fredbezies:
> > 2012/2/12 Andreas Radke <andyrtr@archlinux.org>
> >
> >> [Xorg 1.12]
> >> - State of closed drivers: Nvidia has a beta pkg out with Xorg 1.12
> >> support. Let's pray it's already in usable state. Catalyst (AUR)
> >> users will stay in the dark as on every major Xorg release for a
> >> while.
> >>

> > Are nvidia beta drivers being built with this release ? I think I will do
> > an IgnoreGroup = Xorg for some days
>
> Yes, nvidia drivers are in the same repos.

Ok. Even if I am an old testing user, I will wait a day or two this time

--
Frederic Bezies
fredbezies@gmail.com

Old 02-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 12.02.2012 10:39, schrieb Andreas Radke:
> New Xorg has Xinput 2.2, Mesa 8.0 and many major library updates.
> Expect some bugs and broken packages. Most recent Xorg stuff is used in
> Fedora RawHide for a while where fixes can be found.
>
> Most noticeable changes will be:
>
> - Mesa 8.0 drops 3D support for some chips. These
> packages are gone now: unichrome-dri, mach64-dri, mga-dri, r128-dri,
> savage-dri, sis-dri, tdfx-dri
> - I couldn't find patches to get Xorg 1.12 support in
> xf86-video-sisemedia and xf86-video-xgi. Both should be of very low
> interest (not included in FC at all). We might drop them if no fix
> can be found.
> - State of closed drivers: Nvidia has a beta pkg out with Xorg 1.12
> support. Let's pray it's already in usable state. Catalyst (AUR)
> users will stay in the dark as on every major Xorg release for a
> while.

Synaptics 1.5.99-1 is completely fucked for me.

1) Circular scrolling direction is reversed. This can't be a feature,
really.
2) Speed/acceleration behaviour changed, my touchpad is now much faster
than it should be (I could reconfigure that, but I shouldn't have to).
3) The cursor keeps "coasting" when I keep the finger on the touchpad
but stop moving. Coasting is disabled in the settings as far as I can
see (and it should only be coasting if I move towards an edge of the pad).

I managed to build 1.5.0 against the newest xorg-server, but
acceleration breaks then as well (touchpad is completely unaccelerated
in this case).

My touchpad:
AlpsPS/2 ALPS DualPoint TouchPad

This is a blocker for 1.12 for me.