Old 02-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Andreas Radke

Default Xorg 1.12 moves soon to testing for stabilization phase

New Xorg has Xinput 2.2, Mesa 8.0 and many major library updates.
Expect some bugs and broken packages. Most recent Xorg stuff is used in
Fedora RawHide for a while where fixes can be found.

Most noticeable changes will be:

- Mesa 8.0 drops 3D support for some chips. These
packages are gone now: unichrome-dri, mach64-dri, mga-dri, r128-dri,
savage-dri, sis-dri, tdfx-dri
- I couldn't find patches to get Xorg 1.12 support in
xf86-video-sisemedia and xf86-video-xgi. Both should be of very low
interest (not included in FC at all). We might drop them if no fix
can be found.
- State of closed drivers: Nvidia has a beta pkg out with Xorg 1.12
support. Let's pray it's already in usable state. Catalyst (AUR)
users will stay in the dark as on every major Xorg release for a
while.

-Andy