Old 02-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Andrea Crotti

Default ffmpeg and libav

I am not part of the libav team, but I know many developers and I
followed the story

of the fork.
I then also noticed that my beloved arch is still using ffmpeg and libav
is not even in

the official repository (but only in AUR).

Is there a reason for that?

There are quite a few good reasons to switch over and many already did:
- debian unstable
(http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-multimedia-maintainers/2011-December/023070.html)

- vlc
(http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2011-August/081317.html)

- gstreamer (https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/26497)

(And I'm quite sure also gentoo and Ubuntu but I don't find a link).