Old 02-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Byron Clark

Default libpng 14/15 - anyway to workaround by having parallel installs?

On 02/07/12 at 01:06pm, David C. Rankin wrote:
> The libpng issue breaks nearly all of trinity. Is there a way to
> work around the libpng 1.5 update by having both 1.5 and 1.4
> installed or with softlinks until all the rebuilds can be done? I'll
> play with it, but if anyone knows how to approach this workaround
> (if possible), I would welcome your thoughts. Thanks.

You may want to try the libpng14 package on AUR:

Byron Clark

Old 02-07-2012, 06:10 PM
fredbezies

2012/2/7 David C. Rankin <drankinatty@suddenlinkmail.com>

> Guys,
>
> The libpng issue breaks nearly all of trinity. Is there a way to work
> around the libpng 1.5 update by having both 1.5 and 1.4 installed or with
> softlinks until all the rebuilds can be done? I'll play with it, but if
> anyone knows how to approach this workaround (if possible), I would welcome
> your thoughts. Thanks.

Until packages are ported to libpng 1.5, you can use AUR package called
libpng14. I think it could help you.

Frederic Bezies
fredbezies@gmail.com

Old 02-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Karol Blazewicz

Have you tried e.g. https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=56248

Old 02-07-2012, 06:12 PM
fredbezies

2012/2/7 Karol Blazewicz <karol.blazewicz@gmail.com>

> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM, David C. Rankin
> <drankinatty@suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > The libpng issue breaks nearly all of trinity. Is there a way to work
> > around the libpng 1.5 update by having both 1.5 and 1.4 installed or with
> > softlinks until all the rebuilds can be done? I'll play with it, but if
> > anyone knows how to approach this workaround (if possible), I would
> welcome
> > your thoughts. Thanks.
> >

> > --
> > David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
>
> Have you tried e.g. https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=56248

Thanks guys for talking about the PKGBUILD I made based on the libpng 1.4
when it was the stable version

--
Frederic Bezies
fredbezies@gmail.com

Old 02-07-2012, 06:23 PM
"David C. Rankin"

On 02/07/2012 01:12 PM, fredbezies wrote:

Have you tried e.g.https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=56248

Thanks guys for talking about the PKGBUILD I made based on the libpng 1.4
when it was the stable version

Thanks to all! I just grabbed it from AUR and built it. Smart move on putting
it in aur

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:46 PM
fredbezies

2012/2/7 David C. Rankin <drankinatty@suddenlinkmail.com>

> On 02/07/2012 01:12 PM, fredbezies wrote:
>
>> Have you tried e.g.https://aur.archlinux.org/**packages.php?ID=56248<https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=56248>
>>> >

>> Thanks guys for talking about the PKGBUILD I made based on the libpng 1.4
>> when it was the stable version
>>

> Thanks to all! I just grabbed it from AUR and built it. Smart move on
> putting it in aur

I put it in AUR when libpng 1.5 hits testing because one of my tools wasn't
working anymore.

--
Frederic Bezies
fredbezies@gmail.com