Old 02-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Kacper Żuk

Default Phonon backends not loading

All Phonon based apps (I've tried Kadu, Phonik (aur), and my little app)
fail to initialize Phonon backend:
WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin
could not be loaded
WARNING: Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect Phonon::MediaObject ( no
objectName ) to Phonon::AudioOutput ( no objectName ).

I have backends installed:
[kaz@Dmitrij ~]$ pacman -Qs phonon
local/phonon 1:4.6.0-1
local/phonon-gstreamer 4.5.1-1
local/phonon-vlc 0.4.1-1

I've tried with only one backend installed (tried both...), but it still
doesn't work. I'm using testing repo if that matters.
Is it something with my configuration or is it a bug in Arch Linux?

Old 02-08-2012, 06:10 AM
Bjørnar Hansen

Hi,

> WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend
plugin
> could not be loaded
> WARNING: Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect Phonon::MediaObject ( no
> objectName ) to Phonon::AudioOutput ( no objectName ).

Could be this bug: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/27850

-Bjørnar

Old 02-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Kacper Żuk