qtwebkit and html5 video
this has been bothering me for some time, so just posting for wider audience.
Facts, all applicable to rekonq and konqueror with webkit part
- I have qtwebkit,kwebkitpart and rekonq installed
- I am on youtube html5 demo trial. youtube.com/html5 reports support for webm
and h.264 support
- html5test.com reports video element support with MPEG-4/H.264/Ogg
Theora/WebM. I have gstreamer phonon backend with most of the codecs
- youtube html5 video does not work. I get a progress bar but no video frames.
example URL tested http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTA1MTQ
as it has couple of youtube videos embedded
- videos from vimeo.com does not play either.
google isn't helpful. and there is no bug in arch linux bug db.
Does anybody else experience this too?