Old 02-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Shridhar Daithankar

Default qtwebkit and html5 video

Hello All,

this has been bothering me for some time, so just posting for wider audience.

Facts, all applicable to rekonq and konqueror with webkit part

- I have qtwebkit,kwebkitpart and rekonq installed

- I am on youtube html5 demo trial. youtube.com/html5 reports support for webm
and h.264 support

- html5test.com reports video element support with MPEG-4/H.264/Ogg
Theora/WebM. I have gstreamer phonon backend with most of the codecs
installed.

- youtube html5 video does not work. I get a progress bar but no video frames.
example URL tested http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTA1MTQ
as it has couple of youtube videos embedded

- videos from vimeo.com does not play either.

google isn't helpful. and there is no bug in arch linux bug db.

Does anybody else experience this too?
--
Regards
Shridhar