Old 01-30-2012, 02:34 PM
SanskritFritz

Default offtopic ml (WAS eons ago: change in mount behaviour?)

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Karol Blazewicz
<karol.blazewicz@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's easy enough for me to mute the threads I don't want to listen to
> - no matter what ML.

How do you do that?

Old 01-30-2012, 02:37 PM
Karol Blazewicz

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM, SanskritFritz <sanskritfritz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Karol Blazewicz
> <karol.blazewicz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It's easy enough for me to mute the threads I don't want to listen to
>> - no matter what ML.
>
> How do you do that?

I'm using gmail and it's under the 'more' button / list (first one on
the right when you select or read / reply to a message).

Old 01-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Karol Blazewicz

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Karol Blazewicz
<karol.blazewicz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM, SanskritFritz <sanskritfritz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Karol Blazewicz
>> <karol.blazewicz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It's easy enough for me to mute the threads I don't want to listen to
>>> - no matter what ML.
>>
>> How do you do that?
>
> I'm using gmail and it's under the 'more' button / list (first one on
> the right when you select or read / reply to a message).

I meant the standard gmail webmail client https://mail.google.com. I
have no idea how to use any e-mail app.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:43 PM
SanskritFritz

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Karol Blazewicz
<karol.blazewicz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM, SanskritFritz <sanskritfritz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Karol Blazewicz
>> <karol.blazewicz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It's easy enough for me to mute the threads I don't want to listen to
>>> - no matter what ML.
>>
>> How do you do that?
>
> I'm using gmail and it's under the 'more' button / list (first one on
> the right when you select or read / reply to a message).

Ah, so you are using Filter messages. I hoped there was a really easy
way, like a 'mute' button that is thread aware
Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Karol Blazewicz

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:43 PM, SanskritFritz <sanskritfritz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Karol Blazewicz
>> I'm using gmail and it's under the 'more' button / list (first one on
>> the right when you select or read / reply to a message).
>
> Ah, so you are using Filter messages. I hoped there was a really easy
> way, like a 'mute' button that is thread aware
> Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Not sure if we are on the same page, because there's another option
too: 'Filter messages like these', but I haven't tried it yet.
It's enough that the whole thread (based on the title I guess) is
moved out of my sight, but I still can access it, if I want.

I'm not sure if I want an advanced AI filtering of my messages ;P

Old 01-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Stefan Wilkens

2012/1/30 Karol Blazewicz <karol.blazewicz@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:43 PM, SanskritFritz <sanskritfritz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Karol Blazewicz
>>> I'm using gmail and it's under the 'more' button / list (first one on
>>> the right when you select or read / reply to a message).
>>
>> Ah, so you are using Filter messages. I hoped there was a really easy
>> way, like a 'mute' button that is thread aware
>> Anyway, thanks for the advice.
>
> Not sure if we are on the same page, because there's another option
> too: 'Filter messages like these', but I haven't tried it yet.
> It's enough that the whole thread (based on the title I guess) is
> moved out of my sight, but I still can access it, if I want.
>
> I'm not sure if I want an advanced AI filtering of my messages *;P

The major off-topics that see discussion here all have their own
mailing lists, why not discuss it there?

pulse audio's discussion list: