Old 01-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default jackdbus

Hi

I'll test if it will be possible to replace jack2 by jackdbus for my
needs, e.g. if it's easy to change my session scripts for older audio
productions to use it.

I started it by $ jackdbus auto, now I've got $ pidof jackdbus
7201 and I'm unable to kill it.

*google*
$ jack_control --help
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/jack_control", line 12, in <module>
import dbus
ImportError: No module named dbus

I tried QjackCtl, an app I won't use, if I don't need it, but if it
would help, no prob, I'll launch it.

Enabling DBus interface doesn't take effect.

How do I set up jackdbus?
$ ls .config/jack -hAl
total 0

Any Wiki?

http://www.google.de/#hl=de&cp=7&gs_id=17&xhr=t&q=jackdbus&pf=p&sclient =psy-ab&biw=1152&bih=699&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=jackdbu&aq= 0L&aqi=g-L1g-vL1g-svL1g-vL1&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf. osb&fp=c0adc5dabf501a96

I'm serious. I'll test it, but it's really not easy. Of course I just
try it since 10 minutes or less.

Cheers,
Ralf

Old 02-05-2012, 06:27 AM
Rashif Ray Rahman

On 29 January 2012 22:12, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> How do I set up jackdbus?

Standard jackd configuration will not work for jackdbus. It is a
dynamic system and overall takes a different approach to initialise
and has a different configuration file. Reboot and start afresh with a
front-end that has jackdbus support, i.e qjackctl. You may like to
consult upstream or ask in #jack if you have questions on how to start
using jackdbus. I don't know whether there is documentation for it
other than technical ones [1].

[1] http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/JackDbusPackaging

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1

Old 02-05-2012, 06:33 AM
C Anthony Risinger

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 1:27 AM, Rashif Ray Rahman <schiv@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 29 January 2012 22:12, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>> How do I set up jackdbus?
>
> Standard jackd configuration will not work for jackdbus. It is a
> dynamic system and overall takes a different approach to initialise
> and has a different configuration file. Reboot and start afresh with a
> front-end that has jackdbus support, i.e qjackctl. You may like to
> consult upstream or ask in #jack if you have questions on how to start
> using jackdbus. I don't know whether there is documentation for it
> other than technical ones [1].
>
> [1] http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/JackDbusPackaging

... and the pasted exception was fairly clear where to go next:

# pacman -S dbus-python

--

C Anthony

Old 02-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Ralf Mardorf

On Sun, 2012-02-05 at 01:33 -0600, C Anthony Risinger wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 1:27 AM, Rashif Ray Rahman <schiv@archlinux.org> wrote:
> > On 29 January 2012 22:12, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> >> How do I set up jackdbus?
> >
> > Standard jackd configuration will not work for jackdbus. It is a
> > dynamic system and overall takes a different approach to initialise
> > and has a different configuration file. Reboot and start afresh with a
> > front-end that has jackdbus support, i.e qjackctl. You may like to
> > consult upstream or ask in #jack if you have questions on how to start
> > using jackdbus. I don't know whether there is documentation for it
> > other than technical ones [1].
> >
> > [1] http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/JackDbusPackaging
>
> ... and the pasted exception was fairly clear where to go next:
>
> # pacman -S dbus-python

Oops, indeed it wasn't installed.

Thanx,
Ralf