Old 01-29-2012, 09:12 AM
Madhurya Kakati

Default python problems while compiling Android 4.0

Hi,
I am trying to compile android 4.0 with the help of an article I found online[1]. When I execute a command I get the following error:

$ python2 ~/bin/repo init -u http://git.android-x86.org/manifest -b ics-x86
File "/home/papul/android-x86/.repo/repo/main.py", line 149
except DownloadError, e:
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I think the problem is with python2.

[1] http://hyper-choi.blogspot.com/2012/01/andorid-x86-ics-on-qemu.html
--
Madhurya Kakati

Old 01-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Thanasis Georgiou

On 29 January 2012 12:12, Madhurya Kakati <mkakati2805@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to compile android 4.0 with the help of an article I found online[1]. When I execute a command I get the following error:
>
> $ python2 ~/bin/repo init -u http://git.android-x86.org/manifest -b ics-x86
> *File "/home/papul/android-x86/.repo/repo/main.py", line 149
> * * *except DownloadError, e:
> * * * * * * * * * * * * *^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>
> I think the problem is with python2.
I remember doing this, it was a problem with python. I think it wanted
python2 but it found python3, something like that. I couldn't really
understand the script, it was python inside bash so instead of
spending years trying to fix it I moved /usr/bin/python to
/usr/bin/python.bak and copied /usr/bin/python2 to /usr/bin/python.
This is a (really) -bad- solution, if you try it remember to restore
the files or something will surely go wrong.

--
Thanasis Georgiou