Old 01-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Fons Adriaensen

Default PulseAudio again (was: change in mount behaviour?)

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 06:24:07PM +0100, Heiko Baums wrote:

> If PulseAudio was generally only optional and if its developers
> wouldn't try to declare it as a standard, I just wouldn't care.

It's part of a more general trend, that of dependencies on
specific desktop junk trickling down into even basic system
components and plain apps. And it's staring to affect Arch
as well, be it much less than some others.

Ciao,

--
FA

Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Fons Adriaensen

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 01:14:47PM -0600, Leonid Isaev wrote:

> PA is a great consumer thing, and that's exactly what we need.

PA is indeed a great consumer thing, and it may be what
you need. It is definitely not what some others need.

> Because noone cares about "pro" audio solutions

You mean _you_ don't.

> which are a nightmare to configure.

Very strange that you claim to have some knowledge on
something you don't care about. Which 'pro' audio HW
have you actually used ? On what experience is is your
'nightmare to configure' comment based ?

Having used a significant percentage of what is available,
and earning my daily pizza by providing services and
consultancy mostly based on Linux audio using 'pro' HW,
I can only say that your comment is pure nonsense.

Ciao,