Old 01-28-2012, 01:32 AM
Lars Madson

Default Terrasoniq phase X64 - ice1712 - configuration

Hi Archers,

I just received that external sound card, Terrasoniq Phase X64.
It seems to be supported in the kernel using module ice1712.

I've been reading about how to make it work in the last days.
the closer I've been to see "it" was by listing some stuff (sorry for
imprecision I forgot how since then),
the card would appear with a number like this : 4ugxvhgblabla.

I just installed alsa-tools-ice1712 1.0.25-1
But it cannot sees it.
Alsaconf shows an ISA P-n-P card...can it be the Terrasoniq?

I don't know really where to start, as making a rule in udev to launch a
.sh script, but I guess first I should find a way to see that card pluged
somewhere, it's usb.
also how to tell my kernel to load ice1712 maybe.

Any advice are welcome!!

Thanks
Laurent

Old 01-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Lars Madson

Yes I read that also. Usb 2 is still not working on Linux?? hm...o'right

hwinfo --usb is showing the card here :

USB 00.0: 0000 Unclassified device
[Created at usb.122]
Unique ID: ADDn.ascWuq5nSu7
Parent ID: k4bc.9T1GDCLyFd9
SysFS ID: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.7/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.0
SysFS BusID: 1-1:1.0
Hardware Class: unknown
Model: "MUSONIK GmbH PHASE X64 USB"
Hotplug: USB
Vendor: usb 0x0a4a "MUSONIK GmbH"
Device: usb 0x5b01 "MUSONIK GmbH PHASE X64 USB"
Revision: "1.00"
Serial ID: "no serial number"
Speed: 480 Mbps
Module Alias: "usb:v0A4Ap5B01d0100dc00dsc00dp00icFFisc00ip00 "
Config Status: cfg=new, avail=yes, need=no, active=unknown
Attached to: #3 (Hub)

So there might be hope here, while envy24control is not really able to see
the card:
No ICE1712 cards found

Thx!
Laurent

Old 01-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Lars Madson

Usb 2 is supported since kernel 2.6

Old 01-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Cédric Girard

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 4:46 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net>wrote:

> On Sat, 2012-01-28 at 16:23 +0100, Lars Madson wrote:
> > Usb 2 is supported since kernel 2.6
>
> Yes, I'm using USB 2, but the vendors don't use plug'n'play conventions
> for their USB 2 audio interfaces.
> You need a USB driver written for your audio interface.

The new RME Fireface UCX is the only USB2 audio interface I've seen
claiming class compliant mode (thus Linux compatibility). Other
alternatives are FW devices (if supported bu FFADO) and PCI interfaces.

--
Cédric Girard

Old 01-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Lars Madson

Does it mean I should send back the phase x64 and look for another one?

Old 01-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Lars Madson

Yeah, it's for a laptop, no firewire here, T60, could get a FW PCMCIA if
it's improving a lot. I will look for supported card, my price are around
150 - 200 euros