Old 01-27-2012, 01:20 PM
gt

Default bashrc path not being enforced

Hello list

Earlier I had appended my personal bin directory to /etc/profile's PATH,
and it worked perfectly.

Now, i am trying to add PATH to my user's .bashrc, but it doesn't come
into effect. Though adding it to .bash_profile works. I am using urxvt
and have set it to start as a login shell.

What can be the reason?