Old 01-26-2012, 09:25 PM
Peter G Nikolic

Default Printer config problem

Hi .

one more slight problem with the printer this time trying to get my printer
working across all software i went into the kde system settings ---> Printer
Configuration a i get the following

The service 'Printer Configuration' does not provide an interface 'KCModule'
with keyword 'system-config-printer-kde/system-config-printer-kde.py' The
factorey does not support creating components of the specified type.

then 2 suggestions of fixes neihter of which makes any sense

The prionter is an HP Deskjet D4360 i have the HPLIP package installed but
can not print from gimp Firefox they will print to file but show no printer

Pete .

--
Powered by Kernel: 3.2.1-2-ARCH
KDE Development Platform: 4.7.4 (4.7.4)

Old 01-27-2012, 07:40 AM
Rafa Griman

Hi Pete

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Peter G Nikolic
> Hi .
>
> one more slight problem with the printer this time *trying to get my printer
> working across all software * i went into the kde system settings ---> Printer
> Configuration *a i get the following
>
> The service 'Printer Configuration' does not provide an interface 'KCModule'
> with keyword 'system-config-printer-kde/system-config-printer-kde.py' The
> factorey does not support creating components of the specified type.
>
> then 2 suggestions of fixes neihter of which makes any sense
>
> The prionter is an HP Deskjet D4360 i have the HPLIP package installed *but
> can not print from gimp Firefox *they will print to file but show no printer

I once had a similar problem and in the end the issue was that cups
daemon was not running. For printer setup, I recommend going directly
to CUPS:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Cups

HTH

Rafa