Old 01-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Paul Gideon Dann

Default GTK app appearance

On Thursday 26 Jan 2012 09:23:41 Peter G Nikolic wrote:
> I have been unhappy with the way a few GTK based programes i use looked
> Firefox Gftp and Bluefish , So i installed gtk-qt-engine-1.1-3 and
> whilst some of the problems have gone away i now have silly things like no
> highlighting of the bookmarjs when the mouse is over them no visable entry
> boxes and no scroll bars in Firefox (i did let the GTK Styles & fonts)
> install the firefox scroll bar fix to no avail any ideas / fixes

I use oxygen-gtk2 and oxygen-gtk3, which work flawlessly. The GTK version
requires creating ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini with the following contents:

[Settings]
gtk-theme-name = oxygen-gtk

Also, have you checked out:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Uniform_Look_for_QT_and_GTK_Applications

Paul

Old 01-26-2012, 09:10 AM
Peter G Nikolic

On Thursday 26 Jan 2012 09:53:39 Paul Gideon Dann wrote:
> On Thursday 26 Jan 2012 09:23:41 Peter G Nikolic wrote:
> > I have been unhappy with the way a few GTK based programes i use looked
> > Firefox Gftp and Bluefish , So i installed gtk-qt-engine-1.1-3 and
> > whilst some of the problems have gone away i now have silly things like
> > no highlighting of the bookmarjs when the mouse is over them no visable
> > entry boxes and no scroll bars in Firefox (i did let the GTK Styles &
> > fonts) install the firefox scroll bar fix to no avail any ideas /
> > fixes
> I use oxygen-gtk2 and oxygen-gtk3, which work flawlessly. The GTK version
> requires creating ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini with the following
> contents:
>
> [Settings]
> gtk-theme-name = oxygen-gtk
>
> Also, have you checked out:
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Uniform_Look_for_QT_and_GTK_Application
>
> Paul

Ahhh

ok thanks will look at that shortly

Looked at the wiki page no content

There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page title in
other pages, or search the related logs.

Cheers Pete .

--
Powered by Kernel: 3.2.1-2-ARCH
KDE Development Platform: 4.7.4 (4.7.4)

Old 01-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Paul Gideon Dann

On Thursday 26 Jan 2012 10:10:57 Peter G Nikolic wrote:
> > I use oxygen-gtk2 and oxygen-gtk3, which work flawlessly. The GTK
> > version requires creating ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini with the

^^^...The *GTK 3* version...

> > Also, have you checked out:
> > https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Uniform_Look_for_QT_and_GTK_Applica
> > tion s
> Looked at the wiki page no content

The 's' got cut off in that link. Try this: http://bit.ly/xsRIOZ

Paul

Old 01-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Philipp ‹berbacher

Quoting Peter G Nikolic (2012-01-26 10:23:41)
>Hi .
>
>I have been unhappy with the way a few GTK based programes i use looked
>Firefox Gftp and Bluefish , So i installed gtk-qt-engine-1.1-3 and whilst
>some of the problems have gone away i now have silly things like no
>highlighting of the bookmarjs when the mouse is over them no visable entry
>boxes and no scroll bars in Firefox (i did let the GTK Styles & fonts)
>install the firefox scroll bar fix to no avail any ideas / fixes
>
>Thanks
>
>Pete .

Don't use firefox as reference, it has a history of using UI elements
in wrong ways. This goes as far as making it unusable with dark themes.