Old 01-25-2012, 01:07 PM
"David C. Rankin"

Default pacman 4 logic error - what part of 'no' doesn't it understand?

Guys,

I have found a logic error in pacman (I think). I don't like replacing both
the kernel and kernel-lts in the same 'pacman -Syu' call. So I answered 'no'
when prompted to 'Replace kernel26-lts with core/linux-lts? [Y/n] n'. However,
then pacman fails to install anything because 'linux-lts and kernel26-lts are in
conflict'.

When I answered 'n' to Replace kernel26-lts, I expected pacman to ignore
upgrading that package (and the others I said no to) but proceed forward and
install the remaining updates. Should I file this as a bug? The full output is
below:

[07:55 archangel:/etc] # pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
archlinuxfr is up to date
xyne-any is up to date
aaany is up to date
aapkg is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace kernel26-lts with core/linux-lts? [Y/n] n
:: Replace kernel26-lts-headers with core/linux-lts-headers? [Y/n] n
:: Replace module-init-tools with core/kmod? [Y/n] y
:: Replace perl-exiftool with extra/perl-image-exiftool? [Y/n]
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...
:: linux-lts and kernel26-lts are in conflict. Remove kernel26-lts? [y/N]
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: linux-lts and kernel26-lts are in conflict

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.