Old 01-24-2012, 07:02 PM
"David C. Rankin"

Default Phillips SAA7231

On 01/24/2012 01:29 PM, Peter G Nikolic wrote:

Hi folks .

Does anyone know the state of play with the SAA 7231 chipset i have a Compro
S800F tv card dual terrestial and satelite but it has this darn philips
chip is there any progress does anyone know

Cheers Pete

Pete,

Take a look at:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?O=0&K=phillips&do_Search=Go

Not exactly your card (Kernel V4L modules for Phillips SAA7134 cards), but
you might be able to grab the tarball and take a look at the PKGBUILD script
and modify it for use with the SAA 7231 chipset. I have no idea what the
phillips card is and this package is old, but it seems to suggest that the
capabilities that it provided are included in video4linux and already available.

Also take a look at: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=103348 It
discusses the same thing (I think)

Glad to see you Good luck.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:46 PM
Peter G Nikolic

On Tuesday 24 Jan 2012 14:02:29 David C. Rankin wrote:
> On 01/24/2012 01:29 PM, Peter G Nikolic wrote:
> > Hi folks .
> >
> > Does anyone know the state of play with the SAA 7231 chipset i have a
> > Compro S800F tv card dual terrestial and satelite but it has this
> > darn philips chip is there any progress does anyone know
> >

> > Cheers Pete
>
> Pete,
>
> Take a look at:
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?O=0&K=phillips&do_Search=Go
>
> Not exactly your card (Kernel V4L modules for Phillips SAA7134 cards),
> but you might be able to grab the tarball and take a look at the PKGBUILD
> script and modify it for use with the SAA 7231 chipset. I have no idea what
> the phillips card is and this package is old, but it seems to suggest that
> the capabilities that it provided are included in video4linux and already
> available.
>
> Also take a look at: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=103348
> It discusses the same thing (I think)
>
> Glad to see you Good luck.

Hi David

nice to catch you somewhere a lot more civil Hi ..

Ok thanks for the links i will have me a looksee at those in the morning it
would be nice to see if i can get that card to work it is a Compro VideoMate
S800F plus it would allow me to get the old faithfull good quality sound
card back in (lack of PCI slots ) .

Cheers Pete .