Old 01-23-2012, 07:32 PM
"G. Schlisio"

Default Some help with systemd needed

Hello folks,
i'm playing around with systemd atm and everything works fine except of
the sound output.
systemctl shows no alsa or pulseaudio running and in the wiki entry i
cant find any hint but 'systemctl enable alsa-*', but both options (by
tabbing: alsa-restore, alsa-store) return

Warning: unit files do not carry install information. No operation executed.
anybody got a hint?
help appreciated
georg

Old 01-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Tom Gundersen

Hi Georg,

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM, G. Schlisio <g.schlisio@gmx.de> wrote:
> i'm playing around with systemd atm and everything works fine except of the
> sound output.

You should not need to do anything particular in order to get sound
working. Have a look at "systemd-loginctl" to see if your session is
created properly (which should give your user the correct ACL
permissions on the sound devices).

> systemctl shows no alsa or pulseaudio running and in the wiki entry i cant
> find any hint but 'systemctl enable alsa-*', but both options (by tabbing:
> alsa-restore, alsa-store) return
> Warning: unit files do not carry install information. No operation executed.
> anybody got a hint?

The alsa-(re)store units are enabled statically, and cannot be enabled/disabled.

HTH,

Tom

Old 01-23-2012, 08:31 PM
"G. Schlisio"

i'm playing around with systemd atm and everything works fine except of the
sound output.

You should not need to do anything particular in order to get sound
working. Have a look at "systemd-loginctl" to see if your session is
created properly (which should give your user the correct ACL
permissions on the sound devices).

# systemd-loginctl
SESSION UID USER SEAT

0 sessions listed.

seems like thats the problem. what does it mean, actually? and how to
fix/change/adjust that?

Old 01-24-2012, 01:13 AM
C Anthony Risinger

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 3:31 PM, G. Schlisio <g.schlisio@gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 23.01.2012 22:26, schrieb Tom Gundersen:
>> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM, G. Schlisio<g.schlisio@gmx.de> *wrote:
>>>
>>> i'm playing around with systemd atm and everything works fine except of
>>> the
>>> sound output.
>>
>> You should not need to do anything particular in order to get sound
>> working. Have a look at "systemd-loginctl" to see if your session is
>> created properly (which should give your user the correct ACL
>> permissions on the sound devices).
>
> # systemd-loginctl
> * SESSION * * * *UID USER * * * * * * SEAT
>
> 0 sessions listed.
>
> seems like thats the problem. what does it mean, actually? and how to
> fix/change/adjust that?

i'm not 100% this is what's needed, but do you have this:

# grep -nR systemd /etc/pam.d/
/etc/pam.d/gdm-autologin:15:-session optional pam_systemd.so
/etc/pam.d/gdm-fingerprint:15:-session optional pam_systemd.so
/etc/pam.d/gdm-smartcard:15:-session optional pam_systemd.so
/etc/pam.d/gdm-welcome:11:-session optional pam_systemd.so
/etc/pam.d/gdm-password:16:-session optional pam_systemd.so
/etc/pam.d/sshd:12:-session optional pam_systemd.so
/etc/pam.d/login:21:-session optional pam_systemd.so

... in PAM files?

--

C Anthony

Old 01-24-2012, 08:46 AM
Tom Gundersen

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 2:13 AM, C Anthony Risinger <anthony@xtfx.me> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 3:31 PM, G. Schlisio <g.schlisio@gmx.de> wrote:

>>> You should not need to do anything particular in order to get sound
>>> working. Have a look at "systemd-loginctl" to see if your session is
>>> created properly (which should give your user the correct ACL
>>> permissions on the sound devices).
>>
>> # systemd-loginctl
>> * SESSION * * * *UID USER * * * * * * SEAT
>>
>> 0 sessions listed.
>>
>> seems like thats the problem. what does it mean, actually? and how to
>> fix/change/adjust that?
>
> i'm not 100% this is what's needed, but do you have this:
>
> # grep -nR systemd /etc/pam.d/
> /etc/pam.d/gdm-autologin:15:-session * * * *optional * * * *pam_systemd.so
> /etc/pam.d/gdm-fingerprint:15:-session * * * *optional * * * *pam_systemd.so
> /etc/pam.d/gdm-smartcard:15:-session * * * *optional * * * *pam_systemd.so
> /etc/pam.d/gdm-welcome:11:-session * * * *optional * * * *pam_systemd.so
> /etc/pam.d/gdm-password:16:-session * * * *optional * * * *pam_systemd.so
> /etc/pam.d/sshd:12:-session * * optional * * * *pam_systemd.so
> /etc/pam.d/login:21:-session * *optional * * * *pam_systemd.so

That's it. If you use kde you need the same line in your kdm file
(this will be there by default in the next release).

-t

Old 01-24-2012, 02:08 PM
"G. Schlisio"

i tried to use the renamed files from the gdm package (just in case…),
but that doesnt work either. is there way to get those files, e.g.
writing on my on, downloading from upstream, or is there no way into
that atm? if so, i'll switch back to sysvinit until next kdm-release
(whenever that will be).

thanks a lot.

[...]

sry for top-posting - no flaming please!!

Old 01-24-2012, 03:01 PM
"G. Schlisio"

Am 25. Mai ist Welthandtuchtag. www.towel-day.com.

user@home:~ $ ){:|:&};: