Old 01-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Mauro Santos

Default Kmod and modprobe.d

Today when updating, module-init-tools was replaced by kmod, everything
went smoothly and my machine boots fine, however I have a doubt, where
should module configuration files be placed, /etc/modprobe.d or
/lib/modprobe.d?

Will both directories be supported in the long run or is this a
temporary thing not to break most systems?

Mauro

Old 01-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Karol Blazewicz

http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2012-January/022330.html