Old 01-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Magnus Therning

Default pacman 4 and "empty" repos

In ArchHaskell we are heavy users of mkarchroot/makechrootpkg for
building packages. When setting up the root chroot pacman is
configured with a local db located at `/repo`, this makes already
built packages available as dependencies later on in a multi-package
build, and by using makechrootpkg's '-d' argument it all happens
automatically.

With pacman 3 this didn't cause troubles besides a few warning
messages about [repo] not being available (the db isn't created until
the first package is built). Pacman 4 doesn't seem as forgiving
though--it fails completely unless the db exists (though it may be
completely empty).

Is there some way to coerce pacman 4 into being as forgiving as pacman 3 was?

/M

--
Magnus Therning * * * * * * * * * * *OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus@therning.org * jabber: magnus@therning.org

Old 01-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Allan McRae

On 20/01/12 22:11, Magnus Therning wrote:
> In ArchHaskell we are heavy users of mkarchroot/makechrootpkg for
> building packages. When setting up the root chroot pacman is
> configured with a local db located at `/repo`, this makes already
> built packages available as dependencies later on in a multi-package
> build, and by using makechrootpkg's '-d' argument it all happens
> automatically.
>
> With pacman 3 this didn't cause troubles besides a few warning
> messages about [repo] not being available (the db isn't created until
> the first package is built). Pacman 4 doesn't seem as forgiving
> though--it fails completely unless the db exists (though it may be
> completely empty).
>
> Is there some way to coerce pacman 4 into being as forgiving as pacman 3 was?
>
> /M

touch /repo/repo.db

Old 01-20-2012, 12:06 PM
Baho Utot

On Friday 20 January 2012 07:30:53 am Allan McRae wrote:
> On 20/01/12 22:11, Magnus Therning wrote:
> > In ArchHaskell we are heavy users of mkarchroot/makechrootpkg for
> > building packages. When setting up the root chroot pacman is
> > configured with a local db located at `/repo`, this makes already
> > built packages available as dependencies later on in a multi-package
> > build, and by using makechrootpkg's '-d' argument it all happens
> > automatically.
> >
> > With pacman 3 this didn't cause troubles besides a few warning
> > messages about [repo] not being available (the db isn't created until
> > the first package is built). Pacman 4 doesn't seem as forgiving
> > though--it fails completely unless the db exists (though it may be
> > completely empty).
> >
> > Is there some way to coerce pacman 4 into being as forgiving as pacman 3
> > was?
> >
> > /M
>
> touch /repo/repo.db

Amen brother.....

reach out and touch somebody

Old 01-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Magnus Therning

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 13:30, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
[...]
> touch /repo/repo.db

Ah, how silly, I didn't try that. Indeed, it seems to work.

/M