Old 01-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Thomas Bächler

Default makepkg having troubles with extracting some sources after pacman 4 update

Am 20.01.2012 00:02, schrieb Andrzej Giniewicz:
> today one of users of one of my packages (daggerfall in AUR) noticed,
> and I confirmed, that makepkg wasn't able to extract needed files,
> while it was working perfectly for pacman 3.x. The message is
>
> -> Extracting dos32a-912-bin.zip with bsdtar
> binw/: Can't remove already-existing dir
> bsdtar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
> ==> ERROR: Failed to extract dos32a-912-bin.zip
> Aborting...
> ==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build daggerfall.
>
> I've seen other people having similar problems, for example extracting
> .jar file of minecraft package - googled for it and checked pacman
> changelog for hints, but no luck. I planned to go trough all my
> packages anyway to check pacman 4 compatibility. For now, I added
> noextract for all .zip sources and unzipped them in build function and
> it works as a workaround, but it isn't nicest/best way.

This looks like a new bug in bsdtar/libarchive - which was updated at
the same time as pacman.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Andrzej Giniewicz

Ah, indeed. I verified this with bsdtar itself and reported the bug
upstream. It's http://code.google.com/p/libarchive/issues/detail?id=225
for anyone interested. Hope they fix it soon.