Old 01-15-2012, 08:30 PM
"Thomas Misilo"

Default Upgrading from Don't Panic Fresh Install

>I find it extremely impolite to give such a statement before you even TRIED to use the official image, which is linked on the official download page.

Thomas,

Sorry for making that statement, I was under the impression that I had tried at least one or two official cd's but they were all apparently archboot cd's and the only one I had that wasn't was the don't panic. I happened to come across more on the minimum system requirements on the wiki and tried it out in qemu and that worked. And that was when I checked the list and replied.

Again I am sorry, and I should have done some more looking around (and cd burning/labeling) before sending an email to the list looking for ideas on how to upgrade the old version.

Tom

Old 01-16-2012, 06:28 AM
Tobias Powalowski

Archboot needs 320 MB RAM to run.
Imho most systems ourdays have this amount of memory.

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 01-17-2012, 08:19 PM