Old 01-14-2012, 07:58 AM
Peter Nikolic

Default Mouse C&P not working

Hi folks

another little glitch i use an "Logitech Marble Mouse" Trackball but since
installing Arch i have been unable to get the C&P working at all well , the
only way i can get anything like is to copy to the clipboard switch app then
paste from clipboard .

I am used to just grabing with the mouse and pasting straight to the relevent
place without the un wanted extra steps i believe it need an mouse section in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d but cant find any info on creating one any help please
..
#

Pete .

Old 01-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Ralf Madorf

On Sat, 2012-01-14 at 08:58 +0000, Peter Nikolic wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> another little glitch i use an "Logitech Marble Mouse" Trackball but since
> installing Arch i have been unable to get the C&P working at all well , the
> only way i can get anything like is to copy to the clipboard switch app then
> paste from clipboard .
>
> I am used to just grabing with the mouse and pasting straight to the relevent
> place without the un wanted extra steps i believe it need an mouse section in
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d but cant find any info on creating one any help please

Hi Pete

for my Arch, using Xfce, C&P using the mouse wheel button is working by
default. There are no settings for xorg.conf on my machine.

FWIW the xorg.conf entries might be

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Configured Mouse"
Driver "mouse"
Option "CorePointer"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

I guess to enable this you first need to install the package
xf86-input-mouse.

Hth,

Ralf