Old 01-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Chris Sakalis

Default Chromium KDE4 optional dependencies

Hello everyone.
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, or if this is actually
worth posting.

I am using KDE4 (4.7.4-1) and Chromium 16, which added support for the native
KDE file dialog. I think that 'kdebase-kdialog' should be added as an optional
dependency, because without it, the file chooser does not work. No error message
is displayed, but on my desktop computer the file chooser was broken (it simply
would not appear) until I installed the 'kdebase-kdialog' package.

I also tried removing the package on my laptop and it did broke the
file chooser in
Chromium. I didn't even have to restart Chromium for the changes to take effect.

Thank you,
Chris Sakalis

Old 01-10-2012, 12:32 PM
gt

You should open a bug report on https://bugs.archlinux.org/

Old 01-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Juan Diego Tascón

hi, is there an option to force chromium into using the kde dialog by
default? I have both chromium16 and kdebase-kdialog installed but it
still uses the gtk dialog

Old 01-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Chris Sakalis

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 3:32 PM, gt <codered12@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 01:13:09PM +0200, Chris Sakalis wrote:
>> Hello everyone.
>> I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, or if this is actually
>> worth posting.
>>
>> I am using KDE4 (4.7.4-1) and Chromium 16, which added support for the native
>> KDE file dialog. I think that 'kdebase-kdialog' should be added as an optional
>> dependency, because without it, the file chooser does not work. No error message
>> is displayed, but on my desktop computer the file chooser was broken (it simply
>> would not appear) until I installed the 'kdebase-kdialog' package.
>>
>> I also tried removing the package on my laptop and it did broke the
>> file chooser in
>> Chromium. I didn't even have to restart Chromium for the changes to take effect.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Chris Sakalis
>
> You should open a bug report on https://bugs.archlinux.org/
>
> --